What's one thing that could have or should have happened that didn't?

Straight up i should be dead… I prolly woulda been if i ran another month… I know i didnt land back in prison and im still breathing

I should have gotten multiple DUI’s. I drank and drove all the time. Would bring little bottle of fireball with me everywhere i went… i cringe when i think about the people i could have hurt and how much trouble i could have gotten myself into. I never got one though… and i still cant believe it.

I should be dead, or have multiple DUI’s or lost my job.

I should be dead …or have gotten a major prison sentence!! Thank God I’m here, happy with my girls & sober :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

I totaled my car during a blackout towards the end of 2005. I don’t remember driving the 2 or 3 miles from the point my friends dropped me off. I was supposed to go a block up the road to a gas station, but blacked out drunk me apparently said fuck that. I didn’t hit anyone on the way, didn’t meet any cops. When I wrecked I went thru a curve and rolled as I went down the embankment and then hit a tree. I walked away with only a scratch on my hand. I didn’t have to call the law since no one else was involved and I didn’t damage anyone’s property. I was lucky as hell. Then I continued to drink and drive for another 11 years, just not during a blackout. Alcohol is a hell of a drug. I could and should have multiple DUIs.

I should note that I came out of my blackout right as I was attempting to make the curve. It seemed like a dream at first. It was a surreal moment that I’m glad i’ve never experienced since then.

1 Like

DUI…and probably lose my kids because they were in the car.

Should have drug charges from all the runs I’ve done to get pills, so nervous whenever I saw a cop or a cop was driving behind me, stupid stuff… Glad I can say I never did get caught but boy was I stupid for doing it in the first place. Not anymore!

I should’ve been sent to prison 10 years ago. This is so shameful, but I had access to my boss’ credit card. It was left in the work van so emplyees could get gas, supplies, etc. I had been working there for over 10 years. I was trusted and highly respected by everyone. I had a very expensive opiate habit, so I began to use the credit card, and then get cash back at stores and gas stations. And of courss used the money to buy pills. I did this for a few months. The sick thing is, I knew they would find out very soon, and I knew each time that I waa on camera. But it was like I didn’t care, all I cared about was numbing all my pain and agony. This stress only made me want to use more. Well they had gotten the credit card bill and called the police right away. They assumed it had been stolen. When the cops showed them all the camera footage, they could not believe it was me. My boss actually thought that there was gonna be someone behind me forcing me to do this. It was indescribable how low and ashamed I felt. I did explain to them that I was an addict, they were very kind to me. My boss actually apologized for calling the cops right away, because she said if she knew it was me, she would have gotten me help. Obviously I waa fired and was facing felony theft charges. The whole town knew, everyone knew. I just wanted to kill myself. I endes up going to court several times. It was reduced to a misdemeanor, no jail time and 1 year probation and pay restitution. I was so lucky, I deserved much more. I ended up going to a psych ward because I slit my wrists. I just couldn’t live with myself any longer. That really helped me. When I got outta there, I went to rehab, which helped straighten me out. I was clean for 1 year, then relapsed and ended back up in rehab again in 2016…and been clean 13 months. This is difficult to tell people, but when I think about how fortunate I am to not have been locked up…thanks for reading

10 Likes

I know that was hard to say. Thanks for sharing. We all do stuff we would never normally do when addicted to chemicals, glad you got through it

2 Likes

I could be divorced. I didn’t drive drunk, or anything neglectful which could rise to the level of being illegal, I would just “check out”. I am so very thankful that my wife knew and loved the man she was married to, absent alcohol.

I could have irreparably damaged my relationship with my daughter. When I think about it, once she started school, the time I would spend with her I was drinking. She seldom saw me stone sober. If I am to be the example by which she measures men in her dating and married years, I wouldn’t want her to marry an addict.

I could have lost my ministry, which isn’t my day job, but is very important to me.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

1 Like

I should have been arrested, charged or serving jail time. I could have been tied to a lot of dicey situations I really was just there to get my fix and leave. I had been arrested for shoplifting, returned all the items, first offense ever and lied about why I failed the drug test they give you at court. They extended for me to get proof I failed for medical reasons but I never went back, got a warrant and I managed to stay out of trouble so I didn’t get caught. I got clean the next year and ran into that problem when I tried to get things in my life in order. I eventually went to turn myself in and was ready for the consequences but they told me they had no record of me in their system whatsoever. I double, triple checked and nothing. I have no idea how that happened but I am thankful. I went my whole life with no record I didn’t want one because I was too busy spending my money on drugs instead of things I needed. I’m new to this app, I was curious when I saw someone I used to know had it and I am finding it nice to be able to talk about some things or even read situations similar to mine. I have a lot of time being clean but in my world I don’t have people I talk to about it because they’re all people who came after I got clean. The few, I mean like 4 people who I continued to let stay in my life and vice versa, just don’t understand. Either they know and we left it at that or people talk around me about “junkies” and addicts all the time because they don’t know that part of my life nor would believe it. I barely believe it.

1 Like

I could have been dead, because I was riding my bike drunk, many times. Somehow I never met the cops.
I could have lost my job several times because I came to work extremely hangover, red eyes…the whole shit. I’m sure some collegues there knew that I have a problem, but nobody ever talked to me. I used to chew bubblegums the whole day as crazy and I’m sure I smelled like a whole perfumery mixed witz booze.

Jails, institutions and death for me. They all should’ve happened. They all could have. And They are all one still waiting for me if I decide to pick up. They are all just one elbow bend away. Cuz for an alcoholic like me, there’s no happy ending.

If I drink there is only 3 outcomes for my future…
Jails, institutions and death

1 Like

Death - I was so close to it. I collapsed cold after an all day bender on the beach, had slept it off got up to go to the toilet, my heart went in to overdrive. I remember looking in the mirror thinking, I’m about to die.

Tried to walk out of the bathroom, thankfully I got the door opened and then collapsed, went blue and cold. My bf thought I was dead, came round about 30 seconds later and still remember the panicked look on his face. He was terrified, so was I.

The insane asshole I was drank for 2 more days and an insane blackout ensued which included a fight with a door man much bigger than me, he did start it, but I went berserk and I should have been arrested, but a kind cop just gave me a stern talking to. I got home from Spain on the Friday night and went to AA on the Saturday.

264 days sober and I’m fighting fit, I fought to live as I know I was very very close to killing myself with alcohol at 34 years of age.

2 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Oh
Man
No kidding.
Ugh.
Thank you, Lord.

1 Like

The last couple of years of my alcoholism, if my eyes were open… I would have failed a breathalyzer.

So any totally random event, even if not my fault or doing… would have caused "further questioning " or a bit more ‘investigation’.

I kinda hate to even ponder this.

“…it was then that I carried you.”

I should have been dead that’s for sure. I should have lost my job a while back. I should have lost my Gf but, against all odds, that woman stands by my side despite what I’ve put her through. What shouldn’t have happened was that I shouldn’t have tried to push her away and punished her so much. I’m a nasty and angry drunk. Truly ugly human being when I drank.