What's the worst thing you do when you've been drinking?

I seem to go online and buy things which are nice to have, but not really necessary! I’ve had clothes orders turn up that I don’t even remember ordering!:confused:

12 Likes

Get violent and slap my husband.

9 Likes

Bless you. Is he supportive of your efforts at sobriety?

1 Like

Too many to count. In younger years,woke up too many mornings after driving from miles away and no memory of doing it. Whatever anyone’s beliefs,I thank God for my life but more importantly all of those others that were out there with me.

18 Likes

Three-way tie between “cut myself,” “abuse OTC drugs,” and “cuss out my parents.” That last one actually probably edges out the other two.

1 Like

I guess it all part of the healing process to recognise these things, understand them and their links to the addiction and commit to reducing their incidence, moving forward.
I want to use the past as a reason to do better for myself in the future.

4 Likes

Absolutely! He is fighting sobriety as well. This is the 1st time we are doing it together.

19 Likes

Wonderful. I’m so happy to hear this. Lean on each other and talk through tough times together.

2 Likes

Fight. Everyone for anything. Sex with random women. Drinking and driving or while high. Break shit out of anger. Suicidal tendencies. A lot of things I’ve done wrong and people I’ve hurt

6 Likes

(20 years ago)After skiing & drinking heavily I ended up on the wrong side of the road. I caused a teenager to drive into the ditch to avoid me~ as I continued on to another bar. Everyone ended up ok that night thanks to some Angels watching out. I still think about it today how I could have killed that person with my decision to get behind the wheel.

6 Likes

be aggressive and violent, have sex with strangers and self-harm are probably my top 3

2 Likes

cooking:
once i was so drunk i could not open the kitchen door but had the oven on full power (pizza…) thanks god i could turn off the power in my appartment and then managed somehow to open the door after i found the key.

geeting more alcohol when totally drunk:
going to the gas station drunk already to get more alcohol is not funny. i could have been run over by train many many times because ignoring the traffic lights

flirting with strangers:
i once was at a birthday party of a friend and there was this cute guy. i could not really flirt or talk to him because i was drunk af. in the end he got me a taxi and brought me home because i was too drunk to get home alone. this is so scary, he could have been a rapist!

having a bath:
flooding the whole bathroom is not fun!!! and then cleaning the mess while still drunk is even less fun!!!

3 Likes

Its a Brina thing we get violent.:joy:

I cry a lot. Uncontrollably so. Fall over sometimes. Cause arguments over stuff that doesn’t bother me sober. Say really mean things. Hurt myself. I took a cheese grater to my hand once and kept grating until it was just saw flesh. Crazy stuff.

3 Likes

Drove with my kid in the car. every time he drove with me I had a cocktail in the cup holder. I would try to justify it by thinking I was never drunk. But that’s bull shit because I would have been over the legal limit. I would have gotten a DUI

7 Likes

I get violent, willing to fight anyone.

1 Like

Drink driving.
Pissing in not the toilet.
Buying people things and giving money away.

5 Likes

Crashing all my brand new cars from driving drunk. As we speak my most recent car is still in the shop :worried:

1 Like

Braking my wife’s heart

6 Likes

Hit my boyfriend or verbally abuse my boyfriend. Drive drunk. Wonder around the neighborhood drunk and pass out at a stranger’s house. Sex with strangers or acquaintances. Ugh, makes me shudder.

3 Likes