What's the worst thing you do when you've been drinking?

I become verbally abusive when I am angered. The sick thing is, although I can tell myself to stop while I’m doing it, I never do because in the moment it feels good. And the things that would anger me while under the influence, wouldn’t have bothered me sober.

4 Likes

Besides drinking and driving, I went to the bathroom at a bar and was hovering and missed the toilet. It was #2. My cousin had to clean it up for me. I was so embarrassed I tried to run out and fell right into the band. Talk about low serotonin levels for daysssssss…

3 Likes

Drinking while driving, lying to my wife countless time (I fear she is going to leave me if I don’t pull myself together), blacking out which causes me to be cold and say hurtful things to my loved ones,
drinking at work and falling asleep at my desk, getting drunk at work and sleeping under my desk (thank god nobody caught me).

Last week I told my wife I was going to the gym. Instead I had an UBER drop me off 50 blocks from home so that I could go to the liquor store and hit up a couple bars on the walk home. By the time I got home I was obviously drunk and tried to play it off by going outside to shoot hoops. While adjusting the hoop I fell and twisted my knee and dislocated my foot.

3 Likes

I honestly thought I was the only one who had got drunk at work and slept under my desk… I still get anxious when I think about it… And I can’t for my life understand why?!

2 Likes

All kinds of sex with unknown people. Punched my boyfriend, made a hole in his car door with my knee. get super angry and verbally abusive. slept outside, couldn’t walk to the door. Tried to run under a car because I felt like shit. Tried to jump out of a moving car. Badmouthing my friends for stupid reasons. Just acting like the worse idiot in the world.
Man does alcohol suck

6 Likes

It really does suck… I read this other day and thought it was interesting http://www.drinkinginamerica.com/why-do-we-call-liquor-spirits/

1 Like

That was my rock bottom I lost control and hit my husband:( but I’m now 145 days sober! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tried to commit suicide by mixing alcohol and medication, I ended up having a seizure after the police found me passed out in the dumpster I planned on dying in. Now im trying to get back my fiance whom I have two children with. Just hit double digits today!:grin::unamused::persevere:

9 Likes

Hearing that absolutely broke my heart. I wish you all the luck my man! You are on the right track that’s for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much I need all the luck I can get, she means everything to me and seems so far away while unded the same roof😔

2 Likes

Forgetting the person I became. She’s not nice.

The first time I did that I thought I had hit rock bottom. I wish that I could say it only took the one time for me to open my eyes.

Cocaine and driving… missing work. Disregarding my wife.

Did that 15 days ago. Not a good feeling

1 Like

Sext other women which almost ruined my marriage. Got bad one night and didn’t take care of my infant. There’s more, but those 2 are the reasons why I am sobering up!

2 Likes

Tell me about it… It was such a crazy night I still wake up thinking it was a nightmare some mornings.

1 Like

I woke up bloody on the floor of an American (I’m from Canada) hotel with an empty bottle of pills next to me… Apparently I threw them up, lucky I woke up.

3 Likes

This is totally me as well. Waking up, and NOT having those memories rush in about who I verbally abused the night before has become one of my greatest motivations to stay sober!

8 Likes

Driven home and not remembered. Sexual regrets. Said things I didn’t mean and hit people. Lied about drinking. Blacked out. Crazy at family gatherings. Was the sloppy drunk dancing all over the place and being ridiculous. Tried to kill myself… u name it. If you question why wild animals are wild… Drink alcohol and you’ll never wonder… you turn primal. Least I do.

7 Likes

Omfggggg you just described the story of my life.

2 Likes