What's the worst thing you do when you've been drinking?

I haven’t done the train thing like you have, but…I once flew on a plane to a wrong city in and out of a blackout. I flew to the wrong state actually. I was infatuated with someone I apparently met at an airport bar in Denver, Colorado and told them I was going with them. Somehow they didn’t object to the idea. Once I came to I luckily had enough money to buy a new ticket in Phoenix, Arizona to get back on track headed to Reno, NV. The airline staff cut me off drinking too. It was WOW! Details are only in flashes of time for me during all of this.

5 Likes

:joy: you’ve beat me on every aspect apart from pissing on your mother. That’s my worst

2 Likes

I’ve had plenty of peeing embarrassment trust me…but thankfully none included my mother :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This was when we were staying in a caravan on a family holiday. My Dad and I (Dads and Alcoholic too) stayed out drinking till early hours, I thought my Mum asleep was the toilet FFS :exploding_head:

1 Like

I have to say…I think you have everyone beat in this category hands down :see_no_evil::weary::smile:

P.S. my dad’s an alcoholic too. He’s been sober 48 yrs

2 Likes

Wow massive achievement for your Dad. And you. I want to stop but family don’t know how hard it is!

1 Like

Right with ya there!

Lol but mostly I just drank in bed at night until I passed out.

When I was out sometimes I would refuse to take of my ridiculously high heels and then I would end up falling… sometimes into a bush… once slipping on a wet club floor and smacked my face on a pole and my braces really fucked up the inside of my mouth and couldn’t eat solid food for nearly a month.

Lots of sexy things…

But the “out” occasions were more like a once every 1 or 1 and a half months thing.

I was a happy sloppy drunk.

Is was the right word? Is it still am?

2 Likes

Where do I begin…

I’ve driven when I shouldn’t have
Flirted with other men
Texted people I shouldn’t
Mean to my husband and other loved ones
Stumble and fall
Cry about nothing
Woke up with bruises and have no memory of how I got them
Just all around a bad person

1 Like

I’m queen of the mysterious bruises lol.

I fell down a hillside naked and drunk trying to get back to my car from a hike in nude beach… no mystery surrounding this one!

2 Likes

I like to drive my car when i wale up i look out my window to see if my car is okay

The worst things I ever did while drinking were driving under the influence and cheating on my ex. Those were years ago. After that I got “smart” and hid it, and for the last twelve years, the worst thing I’ve done drunk is… sat there playing video games and quietly, invisibly self-destructing with a bottle of bourbon from six to ten every night. No more, though. Today is day two of sobriety.

2 Likes

I broke my foot at the bar, continued drinking all night, then ran home on it in a fit of drunken glee. I lied to everyone about how I broke my foot, I said I slipped off my back step.

So many horrid things that haunt me from my early 20s and college years that it would take a novella to explain it all. It’s a miracle I graduated with my B.A. and without an STI or DUI.
I still get sad that my poor family had to experience that.
The last to happen was 3 years ago (I was thankfully sober all last year until recently).
I blacked out with a fellow alcoholic friend at the movie theater. I remember ruining the movie for people while we were being drunk and stupid. Their glares still make me feel awful.
Then I came to at a bridge and remember looking at the pretty water and wanting to jump and end it. I think I threw my Drivers License in.
I woke up at home, in bed with my boyfriend who filled me in that I had disappeared from the movie theater and no one could find me for 3 hours. My family called crime check as a missing person before my boyfriend found me sitting at a bus stop near our home. I feel lucky that black out me was trying to get home at least in that last hour.
Scared me enough that I eventually became sober. It took a couple of years but I finally did it.

This time around, I dont feel like it’s going to be as hard while still a challenge. I’m excited to get back to feeling healthy again.
Booze can suck it. I’m sick of it.

I was shot at in a drug deal gone bad. Have had other guns pointed in my face as well.

I found myself in bed with 2 men trying to convince me to go through with sex… thankfully I came to and got up and staggered home… thankfully they let me… I’ve had a dui after years of swearing I would never drive drunk - had to walk home 4 miles from the police station in high heels and make up all over face and no shades- no money for cab no phone to call anyone- that was a bad day but I didn’t quit drinking!.. I’ve woken up next to people I don’t know and their bed is soaking so I’ve crept out and scuttled home… years ago when I was in my 20’s I attempted suicide then cut myself then burnt myself with cigarettes… all on my arms - I’ve walked home in terrible states and flirted with horrendous danger I thank my lucky stars I wasn’t raped… I’ve put food under the grill and woken up with acrid smoke everywhere at least 5 times… I lived in a flat I could have killed other people…
I’ve told lies- lost jobs- failed courses- been rude- embarrassed myself by falling asleep - wet the bed… and believe it or not I told myself I was high functioning! Job/home/car!!!
I’ve been stopping and starting for the last 6 years and I’ve (I’m so ashamed to say this) driven drunk on about 5 occasions in that time… thankfully no one has been hurt or affected and I haven’t been caught… this year I’ve had 6 relapses with my very close friend (and probably drinking ally) and I’m determined I will not relapse again. Last Monday I took her daughter a bottle of prosecco to celebrate her exams - my friend opened it and treated it like her own and poured me a small glass… I should have said no… but where’s the harm eh? I had two small glasses - my friend had 3 - it wasn’t ours to drink… and then I drove home - I don’t know if I would have been over the limit but what a risk for so little. That was 3 days ago after a month of being sober… no more im determined to get my 1 year milestone and I’m going to use this forum to help me… I’ve never written anything down or reached out for help before this is the first time I’ve written anything this honestly down

6 Likes

If you are really trying to quit you are going to have to make some serious changes in your life.

1 Like

Well yes I realize that… any suggestions?

1 Like

Drinking and driving for sure. But drinking and driving like 3 days a week because fuck it, I’ve never been caught or the times I have I get let go b.c. I’m cute enough to not dui and driving a few more miles I’ll be fine. Getting wasted and talking shit to people and it’s always excused as “that’s Chris” shes so crazy and funny! Waking up still drunk to take my kids to school. I’m becoming irresponsible a.f lately and drink b.c I’m being social, I work hard…I deserve it! So I make alot of excuses on top of everything else. And I only hang out with my friends who drink alot b.c the ones who don’t are borriiing!

1 Like

Day 82…glad I wrote this…I needed a little reminder today.

2 Likes

Me too first time I’m seeing these replies😨