What's your inspiration to stay clean/sober

I have to say, not going through dope sickness ever again is a big one for me.
I also have a cat who’s 22. We’ve pretty much been together our whole lives, and I can’t waste more time being high, or die before she goes. And I need to be able to give her meds and fluids, or her kidneys could go downhill. She’s still happy, and it’d be bullshit of me to choose drugs over her care.

1 Like

So true!!! I certainly need more of those in my sober world lol

1 Like

Me too!!!:smile:

1 Like

I would not do well in jail lol probably start climbing the walls out of boredom

1 Like

My first reason is: I want to be a good example for my 3 children.
But also a very important reason is that I hate the feeling in my head and body de morning after drinking. Also the guilt feeling. I hate the empty bottles in my house. I hate the feeling I must buy wine because my head told me it must. I hate the feeling giving in on that voice. I still hate that voice, but I’m not giving in.

2 Likes

One night I mixed Ambien with vodka. I use to be an insomniac but that stopped having the desired affect so I just drank more. The combo use to make me drunk and hallucinate. When I was 17 I was a mess, but I’m happy I’ve made it this far.

When I’m beer drunk I get myself into horrible situations I look for fights if I’m mad at something and if im not I arrange things with people I barely know I’ve ended up a strip clubs with others I just met so I can drink more hence really putting myself in dangerous situations when they want to go bak home with me. That was almost 6 years ago but I keep that incident in my mind when I feel tempted. It triggers my PTSD bad so I can want to start fights and or wind up in hospital overnight throught blacking out and seizures…I took an overdose while pissed up and also stabbed myself in the hand with a kitchen knife several times along with burning myself with cigarettes (which u have also quit) top and bottom is…it totally changes me for the worst and makes my PTSD harder to cope with and I have a lovely home wonderful wife and dog with an amazing family backing me up so why would I want to upset myself and them for a poxi drink…love myself more everyday and I’m winning my fight.

1 Like

For me it’s working to being a good example…
To carry the message of hope to those still suffering.

3 Likes