What's Your Sobriety Word?

Lately it would be Change

The hope that things can be different, even though I’m always trapped in “me”. It can sometimes feel like change never happens, but there are great moments when I look back and realize that something has changed for the better.

4 Likes

I am planning of having a tattoo (what does not kill you makes you stronger)

1 Like

2 Likes

@Ozdownunder I wasn’t attacking you, soon as you said that. I thought of this passage.

No all good thanks for sharing. Things mean different things to different people… :grin:

My word is FREE. I am not being shackled to alcohol and drugs anymore. The first dream I had clean and sober was, I was a bird flying above a river in this beautiful canyon. Clear blue skies. I will never forget that dream. Truly amazing and FREE!! I got a tattoo on my chest with the word free and a bird. I am a freebird💜

2 Likes

@Mamabee sorry can’t resist…

3 Likes

DAUGHTER!!! Because she is the most important reason for my sobriety at this point.

3 Likes

HUMILITY because I have to remind my ego every day that I am not above the genetics of the disease…and neither will my children. Furthermore, I can’t possible try to help my struggling family members if I am a big fat hypocrite.

5 Likes

Mine is…Freedom…:heart:

1 Like

Love mine is love. :heart: Gotta have it, gotta give it. Love yourself enough to change. Be in love with life again. It’s really the one thing you truly can’t have enough of. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

mox·ie
noun

1. force of character, determination, or nerve.
3 Likes

Family. That is my sobriety word.

1 Like

Acceptance, I’ve gone a long way on that word.

1 Like

Mine is 4 words Keep on Keeping on!

Hope is my word also. I have to have hope in a better tomorrow. Hope gives me strength to fight for that better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Embrace the pain…

walking with determined and consistent steps

Courage. Choosing to be sober takes courage.

1 Like

My sobriety word is “Discipline”.

1 Like