What's your thoughts on CBD?

Not trying to trigger anyone here, just wondering what you guys think about it.

For those who don’t know, CBD is basically like weed without the psychoactive effects. (It doesn’t get you high) but has medical purposes such as relieving anxiety and depression.

I live in one of the states where it’s legal here and it’s been helping me quite a bit staying away from my DOC (alcohol). Often times when I smoke CBD or take the oil I won’t even have a craving to drink or even think about it for hours.

I’m one of those people that is very sensitive to THC (which CBD does not contain, only very little amounts not enough to get you high). When I used to smoke when I was younger I used to get very paranoid and always felt it had the opposite effect on me. All my friends got relaxed and instead I would get paranoid and go into a psychotic episode. CBD doesn’t do that for me.

I talked to a friend of mine who is 18 months sober and been through the steps and although she doesn’t smoke she says it’s a personal preference for people whether they want to include it in their “sobriety program” or not.

On the flip side, I can see how some people might argue that it’s trading one addiction for another, and you still aren’t learning the proper coping mechanisms to deal with stress and what not. So I was wondering for the few people who tried it, or at least are somewhat educated on it what your thoughts are. And do you think someone can still be “sober” even if they are smoking and using CBD?

1 Like

I would say yes. Not everyones sobriety is the same. Its all in what you can control. Cbd doesnt get you high but has alot of benefits and is legal in all 50 states. As long as its responsibly smoked there isnt a problem that i see. Many people are still sober yet take anxiety meds and benzos. Just because a doctor prescribed it makes it ok. No not really. many tend to abuse the meds taking more then the bottle says to take “as needed”. Its your recovery if its not a problem for you to handle daily functions then go for it. As for wd affects from cbd i would say are little to none but ive never researched that before.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input.

This is kind of the same conclusion I came up with. Hold on to the things that serve you good, and discard the rest. Alcohol was not serving me at all, so it had to go. CBD has been helping me with withdrawals and anxiety, and as far as I know I haven’t seen any negative side effects. Other than drowsiness and “laziness” which isn’t exactly a bad thing ATM for someone like me who is naturally high strung. I guess I’m just worried that I’m going to use it as a crutch and rely on it too much. There’s days I go without using it and I’m fine. But today in particular has been pretty stressful. Not exactly sure why. It’s not even cravings so much today, it’s more or less my mood is unbalanced and I’m going through a mild depression. That something that CBD seems to help a little bit. So I smoked some earlier, and probably going to do it again before bed just to relax.

Still interested to hear what other people think

1 Like

My problem is alcohol and I’ve never really been involved in weed. That being said, I do have pretty bad anxiety. I have used CBD oil and gummies and I am 100% an advocate for it. It doesn’t get you high, it just allows you to calm down and think/act rationally. I feel so much better and more myself when I take CBD. Personally, I would not consider it trading in one addiction for another. I can relax and enjoy myself without any negative side effects during or afterward. I take a natural supplement for the anxiety daily and when I’m feeling really stressed/anxious/upset, I’ll take CBD. Also, I find that the gummies seem to work better for me and are easier than the oil. The gummies are difficult to find in my state though, without going online.

I consider one to be sober when taking CBD. You just can’t let it become something you can’t function without, just like with anything else in life.

3 Likes

I take CBD oil too and it seems that it really has a positive effect on my sleep. I still often struggle falling asleep bc of my hyperactive brain haha.
A friend of mine and his girlfriend started to take it too.
I just had a funny discussion with a collegue last week. She was wondering about my smoothie I have every morning (banana, water, hemp seeds) and everyone was like “wtf you eat hemp?” and all they think about is hemp=thc :neutral_face::expressionless: So I held a speech about hemp seeds and cbd oil and that it’s safe =no thc.
In the end some of them bought hemp seeds too and love them :grin::+1:
I have to add that I live in Germany and people are extremely sensitive to this topic, for the most hemp/cbd is the same as hard drugs like coke. But noone has a problem to see alcohol as a drug :pensive:

Hmmmm well I would give it a go but it’s so damn expensive for a good dose…

I’ve tried 5% stuff which was still 20 quid for a small bottle and couldn’t feel any effects

How much is it to buy in the states? And what strength?

It’s about £120 for a 10ml bottle in the U.K. for a decent dose

What so expensive??? :open_mouth:

That’s for 5000mg

500mg- 39.99

Sorry 2000mg- that’s the shop I went in today in town

Okay now I see the prices in the online shop where I buy my CBD oil are almost similar to yours

What MG do you use? And how often?

Is it effective?

Reckon the price will drop as it’s quite a new concept

8 drops contain 24mg cannabidiol but I take 10 drops (2x5) per day :slightly_smiling_face:
I also started to fill up my Vit.D and magnesium bc it’s really low and that causes a lot of problems too. And since I do that I feel very calm.

It’s pretty expensive here too… but I have struggled with anxiety for years, so I’m willing to pay the price for it.

Right now I smoke the flowers. Out of everything I have tried (gummies, capsules, oils) smoking it seems to give me the most intense and longer lasting feeling. It’s about $60 for 7 grams. I still have capsules and oils ready for situations where I can’t smoke it or don’t want to walk around smelling like a pot head, but I prefer to smoke it because I feel you get the most “bang for your buck” that way.

1 Like

You can vape cbd oil but its formulated alittle differently. If you look online you may see more variety of options

I used vape to kick my cigarette habit, and then I eventually stopped vaping about 6 months ago. And then now I broke my caffiene addiction. I don’t wanna vape again, it feels like a step backwards for me

1 Like

I use CBD Pain cream 500mg and occasionally buy cbd gummies. Nothing wrong with CBD. It’s a non psychoactive medicine that has so many benefits and very few negative effects. I wouldn’t smoke it because of the impact it could have on the lungs. I would just use a tincture or try any edible versions.

To be honest I dont see anything wrong with cannabis at all, unless it starts to impede your day to day life, like getting a good job or getting shit done.

Basically it’s up to you to decide if you should use a certain substance or not and still claim to be sober. I personally dont care what other people think of me if I vape cannabis occasionally.

Cannabis was not the cause of my recent relapse at almost 2 years sober, it was because I failed to use the tools I had accumulated over the years and stopped going to meetings.

5 Likes