When am I less fat?

Ok, I’m only a week in (a week sober! Yes!) and I still feel so boated and puffy. I always read about the magical weight loss that comes with not drinking an extra 2,000 calories of sugar every day, but is it real? Can anyone confirm?

Oh yes, I’ve lost almost 25 pounds in 3 months without doing anything special but not drinking! Give you some more time, drink a lot of water and juice if you have craving, you will see the difference soon :slightly_smiling_face: good job on your 1st week, keep going!

2 Likes

Yes, instead of empty calories, replace it with 0 calorie, H2O. Give your body time and a chance to heal.

3 Likes

It depends on what you’re eating I find. Keep flushing it out of your system and eat good, healthy stuff if possible. I’m sure you’ll notice a difference soon!

2 Likes

I’ve lost 54 lbs since I quit drinking. Part of it is from eating better, and the rest from exercise.

4 Likes

Every time I quit I lose a bunch of weight, but bloat big time first. When you’re drinking heavily and/or on the regular you’re usually dehydrated and beating up your kidneys and liver. You may bloat up at first (water weight) whole your hydration levels and electrolytes normalize and your kidneys and liver get back on track a bit.

2 Likes

I lost 20lbs 3 months after quitting. I also quit sugar, and worked out every day.

I quit working out 3 months ago and got back on the sugar and gained 15 back.

Quitting booze alone didn’t make me lose weight, I needed good diet and exercise.

3 Likes

I ate a ton after I got sober (helped my anxiety somehow I think) and gained 30lbs in the first three months! I was already overweight from my unhealthy sedentary lifestyle and booze calories, later lost it all and then some to get to a healthy BMI through exercise and a keto-style diet (around a year sober, process took 6 months because I had to start from scratch walking) weight still fluctuates about 15lbs month to month but getting good at making it to the gym to run twice a week since starting that habit back up 4 months ago :slight_smile: Grateful for my experience with being so overweight because now I have the confidence that my weight is truly under my control and I can choose healthier diet and exercise whenever I want it bad enough.

2 Likes

I’m on day 15 sober and my face has lost a lot of bloating and so has my stomach. (Left picture is now, right picture was 3 weeks ago during binge drinking. ) My skin is more clear and my eyes are clear. My skin tone is normal again and not yellow. I do work out but, it will happen as your body get rid of more toxins. Keep going!! One week is amazing! IMG_20190606_010746|500x500

2 Likes