When did you get energy?

I’m exercising, eat healthy, sleeping most nights.
All is great.
Except energy drain.
Been around a month and half.

2 Likes

It’s just are bodies being tired.and minds trying to trick us into thinking we had more energy while drinking…but if you really think about it, some days after having drinks you still would get tired and pass out. Keep doing what you’re doing, some days are gonna feel better than others.

2 Likes

I feel drained some days too. I try to tell myself getting tired is normal sometimes. I don’t sleep as great as I used to, but I’m only at day 11. Keep up the good work and I just know it gets better.

2 Likes

We talking about drinking? Even after a few months I found I was totally drained late afternoon/early evening. Found I felt better after dinner, so chalked some of it up to listening to a normal body rhythm (low blood sugar I normally didn’t notice).

Maybe a little snack when you’re down? I kept bowls of M&Ms around and nabbed a few if my brain got fuzzy.

Eventually it all leveled out though.

1 Like

Yes drinking.
I think maybe it is partially my mind trying to trick me.
I used to feel tired so reached for wine (stupid, huh?)
Also I quit because I had severe abdominal pain.
All pain is gone now.
But may have had a slight stomach bleed and am a bit anemic.
All of it is my own stupid fault.
I guess I would feel better after a month and a half.
I guess I’m rushing it.
Thanks for the replies.

Well considering how long we drank for, it will take some time for our bodies and minds to clear out and reset. Definitely took me a long while to find some equilibrium and feel okay…I can’t say back to normal, because I have never spent more than a few weeks without alcohol in my system (except when pregnant and then breastfeeding, but then I was filled with hormones).

2 Likes

Just keep motivated, it’s hard for some people but try auto motivate yourself, learn new hobbys, try to escape from routines, try to make something new every days…and when you’r out of gas…tomorrow is another day, just dont think to much on that…works for me…age is also a factor…i keep teling my self that i still can do most of the things that i made when i was 16y old and with the same Energy, but my mirror reminds me every days that im 40 …hehehehe, still do alot of stuf, skateboarding, bycicle, etc…but i feel that some days the energy is not the same as 25 years ago :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No not drinking, this time. I was on suboxone. It was hellacious. I’ve been the alcoholic and the addict unfortunately. I seem to just take anything to extremes. Thankfully I’m here on day 11, which I thought would’ve been impossible. I snack and also take vitamins daily. I also started a beginner workout today, because even if I’ve been tired, or had no energy, I still haven’t been sleeping like I thought I should.

Also try to get a vitamin suplement with thiamine, that help me alot on the 1st two weeks .

" Thiamine deficiency

Thiamine deficiency is common in drinkers who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. This is due to:

• poor nutrition and the diet not containing enough essential vitamins, and
  • inflammation of the stomach lining due to excessive alcohol consumption, which reduces the body’s ability to absorb vitamins.4

Thiamine deficiency can cause:

• loss of appetite
  • constipation
  • fatigue and muscle weakness. "
3 Likes

Thank you. I will look into this today!

1 Like

Ah sorry @Mychelle! Meant to reply to the OP, not directly to you. :blush:

But all the same, that’s helpful to share. Congrats on 11 days. We all just doing what we can and that’s good advice!

1 Like

You’re truly right!

1 Like

Can you recommend a good one? Every time I take B vitamins I almost puke.

1 Like

The doctor at the time prescribed some multi vitamins, just get out of them the thiamine, but the porcentage of thiamine was to low,and the stuff at the pharmacy was limited to that end, so i searched the web for something more decent and found this one.

Nutricost Vitamin B1 (thiamine) 500mg, 120 capsules

500mg was a bit diferent than the 25mg on each pill that i encounter on the local pharmacies here, bu its understandable since its a multivitaminic the mg per vitamin decrease, but that one i mentioned did de job.

You realy dont need to take that long term…for me was 2 or 3 weeks of those just to boost the thiamine intake, and after that i changed to a regular mutivitaminic. But isolated vitamins ,thiamine in this case makes diference. Hope it helps

1 Like

I was prescribed thiamine for about 2 weeks at the beginning as well. I couldn’t tell you what it did because I was a wreck, but they were more adamant about it than they were the detox meds.

1 Like

I was super freaked out for a long time about my energy levels. I went to doctors wondering why I was always so tired. Turns out it was (and sometimes still is) related to anxiety. Anxiety take sooooo much out of us. Also, like was said above, I aged over my years of drinking and using. When I got sober that reality hit me, and it hit me hard.

It took me around a year to start feeling more level on the energy. Or maybe I just adapted. Who knows. But take my advice, of it’s causing you anxiety try to let it go. It wasn’t until I let go of the anxiety (to some small extent) that I started feeling better.

1 Like

When i stoped drinking i also started a hard diet and training every day, i stoped eating alot of stuff, rice,bread,pastas,shit food, etc, and for my body dont enter in vitamins defict i realy need some decente multivitamins. After i stoped with thiamine i started with multivitamins (still take them today).

1 Like

Yeah, I take a multi vitamin and a few other supliments everyday still too. When we reopened my restaurant I kept forgetting to take them and the difference was very, very noticeable.

1 Like