When family is a constant trigger

So sick of having to emotionally disconnect from the people around me bc of how spoiled, wasteful, dirty& generally fcking annoying they can be. And The irresponsibility specifically by a parental figure is so hard to ignore lately I keep relapsing out of anger. I can’t wait to move TF out. I love them but omg they are just infuriating and idk how TF to deal with these people anymore. I stay in my room so much even when I don’t want to.

4 Likes

I understand i cut all of my family off recently due to emotional abuse. Something just triggered in me and i changed my number without telling them. Not sure if it be forever but for now while im working on myself.
I hope you can get out of there very soon even if its renting a room some where so you can focus on your self and keeping yourself safe and mentally healthy. :blush:

3 Likes

We have triggers… which means we have built weapons in our mind and cocked and loaded them with emotion… we need to rebuild the weapons of our mind to make the triggers less sensitive. Just a theory. Thank you for your enlightening share!

4 Likes

Hey :hugs::hugs: heres some hugs :hugs::hugs:

Hold your chin up, you have been doing amazing.
Dont let this bring you down.

6 Likes

Omg that is EXACTLY what my challenge is as well. A grown son that is irritatingly stupid, an90 year old father that is narcissistic and uncaring. But i remain thankful for another day and a place to stay. I want TF out but i cant afford without a roommate which is another can of worms. I stay in my room… but theyll come fok with you anyway. I get resentments because im disrespected and de-valued. Then i relapse to numb my pain. I explore recovery material and spirituality everyday. My weakest link is my own self will that always gives a “greenlight” to use. I dont battle urges and cravings until they pass because im a star student with the dope man and i dont even need money. This is so convenient its evil. Ive got to tighten my belt and take life as it comes and process it naturally. I can do it and so can you. Temptation and people are there to challenge you. Thats how satan works. Lets keep trying and come back with this knowledge and awareness and not become defeated in a matter of seconds anymore. God Bless…

2 Likes

The next time you become angry for Any reason, own your anger by seeking-out the root-cause. Start with the “5 Whys”.

Example:

Why am I angry? - my relative annoy me

Why do he/she annoy me specially? -

And so on…

After that ask entertain “When, Where, How, & What?”.

Once you identify the root-cause to your distress, find a trusted-agent who can help you address it.

Realize Recovery is more important than Anything else, including Anger.

2 Likes