When incidents happen

Question/Needing some advice.
What do you do when something goes wrong? I would use more drugs to escape the reality. Now, I no longer want to do that (even tho it seems so much easier to do that) but what have y’all done?
I had an incident happen on Sunday and I almost relapsed. Luckily I wasn’t alone. But what happens the next time an incident happens or what if I’m not alone?

I will say it’s nice to see the positivity on this app - I’m a newbie here :blush:

5 Likes

It depends on what it is. If it’s an emergency, my natural instincts kick in and I just handle it the best I can. If it’s something that I can take a little time to think about, then the wheels start spinning and I do a well thought out plan on how I’m going to tackle it. Having a clear mind has been one of the many blessings of sobriety. I no longer put off until tomorrow what can be done today. I’m pretty good at adulting these days.

6 Likes

Very true!! And I do like to be in control! Good word! Thanks :slight_smile:

I like that- adulting!! Thanks Lisa

1 Like

I try in all my might to not get triggered. This means fix everything that can possibly set you off. Clean the house finish projects. Reconcile with a co-worker. Granted not everything is as easy as a simple fix. Finding the motivation to just push through Is a must then once you get the train rolling it gets easier.

1 Like

Accept the things i cannot change if god brings you to it he will bring you through it

2 Likes