When Loneliness Hits

I ended up getting a decent gaming computer a few months back so I could start playing another game that is basically Sim City but much better. Figures since I used to blow like $1200 a month on booze I could treat myself. Definately worth it for me as nerdy gaming has become a thing for me. I’m an extrovert at work and also in My head, but my me time is all about me!

Sometimes, I find, you stumble across a piece of writing, and feel as though it was written for you. For me, it was reading this… So thank you for sharing! I too find it easier to articulate myself through writing, although people tell me that I am very confident and outgoing, it seems my insides and outsides contradict themselves. I drank and used because of my low self confidence, to make me feel like I was “enough” and part of the crowd. I have those days too where I feel as though I WI feel this melancholy forever, and almost always, I feel better the next day. This forum is fantastic, I am also new, and so grateful to read all the stories as they are so relatable! Have a good weekend everyone!

Wow! I love the way you put this. “I may not choose which thoughts enter my mind, but I can choose which ones are allowed to stay. I can choose which ones ultimately prevail.” I needed this, I find strength in this statement.

1 Like

Tis yours to use. Keep getting better at getting better, each and every day.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for the lovely appreciation!
Isn’t it interesting to learn how others perceive you? While many people recognize my quietness as shyness, a few have told me that they find me to be very mysterious and an unfortunate handful have actually told me “I thought you were retarded when we first met.” :no_mouth:
Anyhow, I’m glad you’ve found a place where people can relate to you! It’s a good feeling.

1 Like

Glad you are here