When sex addiction replaces the one we shook

I’m sober. But I’m not. Just getting drunk on a different thing. Needing affirmation. Needing a high. Same part of the brain maybe. Sorry to ramble. Just want to say it out loud.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, we will do/try anything to get the dopamine flowing again. I’d suggest you change your profile pic and just a reminder to all… this isn’t a hookup site.

7 Likes

Poke away. You don’t bother me :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

This is my thing

Been 7 days today. I can’t get my jollies off and feeling absolutely sucked in a black hole.

I’d like to read that source.

That’s fine; I’ll ask a German speaker I know to translate it.

2 Likes

Part of PAWS is a lose of sex drive which unfortunately is what I am suffering from. So don’t believe everything you read.

1 Like

Haha, whatever. It’s quite nice. Looking back it was a pain in the neck. If I wanted it and my wife didn’t I’d get upset causing resentment on both sides creating a bad atmosphere.
Though I think it could be going the other way now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I wish. I’m having the opposite problem.

1 Like

I was going to say. I experienced the exact opposite of an increase in sex drive.

1 Like

My experience was my sex drive stayed the same, but I actually have it more often, because I am once again irresistible to my wife. When I was pickled on wine…not so much.

10 Likes

Someone please post this at the top of the gratitude thread.

2 Likes

I appreciate what you’re laying down, @Twan. Really with all interactions I’ve found it really helpful to talk with other more sober drunks lately to sort out what’s even healthy and how they felt.

I feel better! But also, am I just getting carried away by something else?

It’s disorienting coming out of the haze, but it seems like everything finds a new equilibrium.

4 Likes

What is sex drive.
Mine is non existent

2 Likes

What’s T level?

I guess I would have to have to it checked

1 Like

I go back to the doctors in a few weeks

I would suspect you’re okay, Lya, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask!

3 Likes

You DO know I am a woman? :wink:

5 Likes