Where are you from, and where have you been?

Jes naapureita ollaan! :slightly_smiling_face:

from Germany

been in whole europe
Japan
china
egypt
India

Regardless, it was still a memorable 2 hrs. It remains the only time I’ve walked out onto the tarmac in order to board my plane.

I was on my way to Vancouver, one of my favorite cities on the planet. Did not realize that my connecting flight (SF to VAN) was going to be a dinky little 15-20 seat plane, one of those small ones where the propellers are just out in the open. Even more surprised when they brought us outside to board. It was pretty cool.

I live in the uk, So far I’ve been to:
Various parts of Spain
Greece
Cyprus
Florida
New York
Jamaica
France
Canary Islands
Prague
Portugal
Malta
Bermuda

I had one of them from Edinburgh to Birmingham. You could see the props and we were literally in the air just long enough for the attendant to serve beverages.

Having new experiences with planes was one thing I really loved about travelling up north! Dirt runways and Twin Otters. I also had the opportunity to fly in a cargo plane (C-130 Hercules like the US Coast Guard uses) and to visit the crew in the cockpit during flight. “Carpooling” home from work with space researchers has its benefits :star_struck:

I’m from Texas and I’ve been to Oklahoma, Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana

I want to visit the world!! :smirk:

I really liked those two cities you mentioned.

Edinburgh was absolutely tremendous. Top 5 city, for me.

Birmingham was way better than I thought it would be. I was expecting a machinery-filled industrial hell, based on media portrayal, etc. It was actually a wonderful place!

The Herc’s a bit noisy. I had a 13 hour flight from Ascension Island to the Falklands. Did get to see in-flight refuelling.

I live near Rochester, NY. I have lived in Louisiana, California and Las Vegas. I have visited Many islands in Southern and Eastern Caribbean- my favorite being Carriacou. I have also visited Hawaii, New Orleans, Bristol Tennessee. My bucket list includes the Florida Keys, Bahahahas, back to Hawaii, Australia, Ireland, Paris, Spain, Africa…and many more just need more :dollar::joy:

Ha ha, yes I believe it has changed a bit. Still is. Went the a couple of weeks ago and fell foul of road closures.

I’m from Italy, I visited Switzerland, Germany twice, France, the UK, Ireland and Spain.

From UK

France
Germany
Spain
Czech Recublic
Netherlands
Greece
Morocco

Im sure theres others but ive forgot

From Chicago and traveled in China (Beijing and Shanghai), France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Canada (Vancouver & Toronto only), Mexico, all throughout US including Hawaii, Puerto Rico.

I’d love to visit Ireland, England, Japan, Greece and many more! Plus Central & South American countries. Next trip will be my first sober, whenever that occurs.

Im from Ottawa too :slight_smile: I live in Toronto now.

C-130 very noisy and cold. Flown in them too many times to count. Longest was Okinawa to Australia with a stop-over in Guam.

We studied the campaign in detail at Amphibious Warfare school. I wrote a paper on it comparing and contrasting the operation with the USMC operations on Guadalcanal. Both were cobbled together and run on a shoestring with tenuous logistics, lack of Naval or air superiority and success was achieved through the tenacity of the troops.

I’ve lived in California, Georgia, and Tennessee in the US. Currently living in TN. I also lived in Vancouver, British Columbia for about 6 months. I’ve seen about 40 of the 50 United States. I’ve driven across the US from corner to corner about 4 times. I’ve been to France and Switzerland. I had a pen pal in Ireland for a few years and always wished I could go out there. I would love to see Iceland too and see the Northern Lights. Japan is on the bucket list and Costa Rica.

Born and raised in The Big Apple (NYC). I’ve been to 30 of the 50 states including Hawaii :call_me_hand:t3:but not Alaska :crossed_fingers:. Also, Ireland, Germany, Bermuda, Aruba, Mexico, Canada and I stuck around St. Petersburg when I saw it was time for a change.

This is so interesting to read where everyone’s from! I was born the U.S; lived in Idaho, Washington, and Colorado. Travelled to many places, and currently planning a trip to the U.K