Where did my brain go?

Ok this may not be an issue for anyone else but I feel very slow like I have an iphone 7 and for almost 20 mins I was trying to figure out where the ear phone jack was well hello iPhone 7 doesn’t have an ear phone jack. Boy am I slow :grinning: anyway, since I’m staying at the hospital with my girlfriend because of her surgery I go home every day to do some house work and yesterday when I get there I put dog food in the dog bowls well hello the dogs have been kenneled since the 7th. Then I’m looking all over the house for them. I think my brain went on vacation and forgot to tell me. O good grief. Is it me or does this happen to others and if so how long does it last?

2 Likes

It’s part of PAWS post acute withdrawal syndrome) Brain foggyness (cognitive impairment) lasted a month for me but it differs for each person.

1 Like

On day 35, still feel like my mind is made of swiss cheese :drooling_face:

1 Like

I’m on day 43 and it’s starting to get better. It’s no longer a constant foggy haze, just an occasional day here and there when I can’t remember things I talked about minutes earlier. For some, PAWS can last for months (and months). Remember it’s not necessarily and bad thing. Your brain is relearning how to work sober.

1 Like

Absolutely normal -takes a while for the “fog” to lift

1 Like