Where is everyone from? 2016 to present

Born in Ohio grew up in Akron, living in Northern Vermont for 25+ years. Those are some deep AA roots, though I got the chronology backwards!

I see ! :expressionless::broken_heart:🤦

San Francisco, California :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Laguna Beach,CA

I hope you don’t think “NoVA” means “No VA”.

I live in Northern Virginia, about 3 hours from Salem.

When I first read Nova I thought you meant Nova Scotia … :smile:

1 Like

Took a bit for this Boston Lad to get used to all the abreviating that goes on in my area. Kept looking on the map for a place called “DelMarVa”, which means “Delaware/Maryland/Virginia”. Weather reports would say “expect 6-12 inches of snow in the DelMarVA area.”

The southern part of our state doesn’t call itself “SoVA”. Not sure why we say “NoVA”. Just lazy I guess. Might have something to do with the fact that Richmond, the Capitol is the center of political power, but NoVA is the big economic center.

I’m used to hearing DelMarVa. But I had never heard NoVa before. I’ve got a friend here who grew up in Boston England. He was talking to a friend of mine back home. He had no idea there was a Boston in England. He only knew of Boston Massachusetts. And he was always good at geography when we were in high school.

Ha! Most Massholes don’t realize that almost every town and city in New England was named after a place in Old England. Boston. Waltham. Wrentham, Hull, Gloucester…even Plymouth.

Brandywine, MD.

Indeed. But I just figured my friend Jimmy would have known that. It made me cringe and it made Simon (from old Boston) laugh. Haha.

North Carolina!

1 Like

35 days sober, Yorkshire, England

2 Likes

I’m from Houston Texas too. Are you still clean or using. I’m 1 month sober

Hi
I am from Mumbai - India
Anyone here from Mumbai?

1 Like

Kentucky born and raised spent 4yrs Camp Pendleton California

2 Likes

Me too :wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3:

From Spain

1 Like

New York to Peterborough is quite an adjustment I would imagine.

Netherlands, near Amsterdam :grinning: