Where to go now?

Ive recently got sober again only day 2 but went to a na meeting this morning and it was great.
My problem now is that my boyfriend wants me to move in but his flatmate is a pothead, i was staying at my brothers house but his neighbor is a drug dealer and I can stay with my parents but my mum has these hypnotic sleeping tablets called innovane. Im a drug and alcohol addict and still smoking tobacco. Thanks for letting me share and I appreciate any help on what to do and where to go? Thanks again

1 Like

You have to remember that it doesnt matter where you go. You think you can run from it, but you can’t. If you want it, you will get it. If you truly want to stay sober then live a sober life. I used to think oh well if I moved 9 hours up north then i could start over and not drink and drug. Yeah that failed. Your addiction will always be right there. I think you should live with your parents, have your mom lock up her pills and truly live a sober life. Good luck!

3 Likes

I struggle with a similar situation. I live with my mom and she constantly drinks. Which is my vice as well. She will even send me to the store to buy her alcohol. She has even complained about how much I use to drink. A situation happened last Sunday which led me to live a sober life. I just tell myself that I choose to be sober. Its a constant decision to choose to be sober. You are strong you will prevail.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help. Ive decided to stay with my mum but am feeling incredibly lonely.