"White knuckling"?

I’m in such a bad funk right now. Well, honestly it’s been about 2 or 3 weeks now. I been experiencing a very strong lack of motivation and extremely low energy. I haven’t used. I’m 109 days clean today. I guess this is what I here everybody calling “white knuckling”? Mentally I want to get out of this funk but physically I can barely get out of bed. Let alone a meeting. It kind of feels like when I was going through my depression but minus the suicidal attempts/thoughts. I’m not having those. I’m not sure I know exactly what this is… Any suggestions?

1 Like

Get to a meeting. Call your sponsor ask him to pick you up.

1 Like

How’s your diet? I know it’s a catch 22 as probably healthy eating is the last thing on your mind, but please force yourself to include raw fruit and veg. Also a handful of cashews a day to combat low mood. I feel for you, I’ve been there in the past xx

https://www.discoveryplace.info/post-acute-withdrawal-syndrome-paws

White knuckling is craving without a recovery and relapse plan in place…being dry. Look into a recovery program if you haven’t already AA or SMART, make yourself get up and go take a walk for sunshine (vitamin d) and natural endorphins. Take yourself out on a date and enjoy a nice meal, take in a movie, do something that YOU like. Recovery is a self-care process. Going through a funk happens but don’t stay in it.

1 Like