Why am I not feeling proud or excited about my 2 weeks

It’s 2 weeks today totally sober and for so.e reason I have no feeling about it at all. I’m not proud excited or even want to think about it. Did I fuck up my mind so much I won’t care about anything anymore? Wtf…

5 Likes

Welcome and congrats on 2 weeks. I can honestly say I didn’t feel anything until 30 days and it’s still my favorite milestone after 2.5 years. Hang in there and it will get better.

3 Likes

Milestones can be a bit weird. All that build up, and then u just have a day when u have to keep doing the same thing, stay sober. But it IS a great thing. Heartfelt congratulations! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Don’t be too hard on yourself.

You care about it. Your concerned about your lack of joy that you imagined you should be feeling.

Even though it may not feel as special as you thought it would, make some time to celebrate without booze. A nice dinner sounds good!

There are no rules for how you should feel its a process. Two weeks feels like a long time.

Healing the feel good naturally part of your brain may take longer.

One thing I know for certain. You won’t heal if you drink!

Congrats on Two weeks! :muscle:

3 Likes

2 weeks is great. Don’t worry about anything except what got you there. Keep it up!

1 Like

I’d been thinking of quitting for awhile but it’s because I got hospitalized that I started this journey. I wish I could have started myself but at least I’m continuing sobriety even after getting out.