Why are fridays the hardest

All I want to do right now is goto that liquor store and buy my choice of poison. Fridays are always the worst.? The urge to message my friends and see what everyone is up to is strong… I need some sober friends… I just wanna cry right now I’m so tired…

5 Likes

Hey friend, I know the feeling. I’ve got a thread that I check into and chat with everyone just about every Friday because I find it super hard. Check it out! Tonight I was struggling so found out how to best my craving: eating, connecting with sober friends (from here, AA friends, etc), journaling through cravings, listening to music, reading, meditating, reminding myself why I want to stay sober, etc. Best of luck :two_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you. I decided to pick up a book hoping it helps.

Yeah sober friends can be a huge help. Sometimes we have to be our own sober friends. It sounds like you are having a really rough time, and you could benefit from treating yourself to some self care. Tea, bath, exercise, phone call, Netflix and blankets, books, gaming, watching sports, I don’t know what it looks like for you. But it could help with the emotions you’re feeling.

2 Likes

@Missy.Marie

The struggle is real and thank you for being brave to reach out. I know I can’t relate with that feeling but I can definitely see how that can be part of the acting out cycle. Friday night is where everyone goes out and there’s no fun without alcohol.

I’ve lived a different life where I’ve never drank so I don’t know what that feeling is like. However, I know what that craving to use is like and feeling isolated makes it even harder.

Hang in there. Feel free to hang out here and post about whatever. It has helped me pass my time too and connect with you all here

Thank you I’ll look I to that next time I’m at chapters. Decided to pick up IT see if it’s scary enough to distract me. Didnt find the movie to be scary lol.

1 Like

I found these forms to be a good distraction sometimes thanks.

2 Likes

I could use another nap but I napped all day already lol

There’s no such thing as too many naps. Naps are hugs we give ourselves.

3 Likes

Lol my doctor says I nap too much lol hes been pushing this thing called exercise on me I’ve yet to pick it up.

1 Like

Exercise and nap. That’s what I do.

1 Like

Idk why I cant get into exercising I used to love it.

One step at a time!

I’m sorry your battling you thoughts. Just keep on being strong. I’ve been meeting some cool ladies in AA. I really don’t have friendships anymore because I fucked them all up by being loaded all the time. It feels nice to finally be making new ones. Hope your night gets better😉

Hi Angie-Lah,
Is this book only available in English?

Greetz
Sam