Why are mornings hard

When u wake up I just feel the weight of the world on me. I am so depressed and anxious. I just want to keep sleeping.

5 Likes

How many days sober are you? If you’re in the early days of sobriety or still drinking i would say that’s totally normal.

1 Like

I am at 25 days

1 Like

How do you feel about your sobriety? Are you mostly proud of it or do feel as though it’s a punishment?

1 Like

I dont care about it I dont care about anything

A few suggestions:
Go to your primary care physician and have an open and honest conversation. Depression may be a factor here.
Listen to your body. When it says rest, then rest. If it says sugar, eat sugar. You are early on in sobriety so your body is telling you what it needs to heal and function properly without alcohol. You can do the “right” things a bit later when you’re ready. You’ll know when that time comes because your body will tell you.
Gather your support group and pull from that strength. Whether it be family, AA, TS, have others help you up.
Hydrate baby. Drink lots and lots of water. Flush out toxins that have stored up in your organs.
Big hugs and sending you support :heart: you’re doing great :+1:

10 Likes

Sugar is a life saver lol

2 Likes

I think I LIVED on sugar and caffeine! Lol You’re going to be fine :heart: Just keep up the good work :muscle:

2 Likes

The chemistry of your brain is changing big time right now. If you are a reader i would check out " This Naked Mind" for a better understanding of what is probably happening. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to visit your doctor and have an honest discussion about things.

2 Likes

Sounds like depression to me. I’m not a medical professional but I am a long term diagnosed depression sufferer and so are a lot of very close people to me.
I’d recommend speaking to your doctor. If it is depression then there are lots of great treatments available (including many that aren’t medication if that is a concern) and they can work so well!

Edit: just wanted to add that I have taken medication for many years and it has, without any doubt, saved my life. I was very resistant to taking it at first.

2 Likes

What also helped for me, recognizing your feeling, is starting and reading about meditation. I was very sceptical at the start… but even a simple show on Netflix, called a guided headspace to meditation helped. Just try to find these small things in life you should be happy or grateful about. The fact that you have a bed to wake up in… or the fact that it does not rain… or whatever. Every day is a new day… step by step, search for what could make you happy and focus on that… good luck either way!

1 Like