Why did you choose your screen name?

Hey guys and gals :slight_smile: I just wanted to know how you went about choosing your screen name on here. Maybe it’s your nickname, something you like,or something deeper. Care to share?

For me it’s the definition of my name and it also inspires me to win this battle and not let the addiction win.

21 Likes

I thought about using a different name but I ultimately decided I was tired of hiding my addiction. I don’t want to go back to that person. I lived a life of shame and guilt. Not anymore I may be alcohols bitch but I’m big enough to own that fact.

21 Likes

My first initial is L and there’s this nice gully in a quiet ravine in my neighbourhood where I like to hang out sometimes.

6 Likes

Strength of the Mind is my favorite Killswitch Engage song. I listen to it when I need a little extra motivation to get through another day of sobriety.
You should read the lyrics:

https://play.google.com/music/preview/Tjep7wppri7m5jz5eiux3wu4m24?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

6 Likes

After Ignatius J. Reilly from John Kennedy Toole’s book A Confederacy of Dunces.

5 Likes

FifthDementia and ThirdDementia are my call signs so to speak. I chose them for the following:
Stage 3: Mild Cognitive Decline - ThirdDementia
Stage 5: Moderately Severe Cognitive Decline - Fifthdementia

3 Likes

I used real name for no particular reason. Usually on things like this or games I use my sons name, Roland. And yes, he is named after Steven Kings Gunslinger. And no, I have not seen the movie. I do know they butcher the story. But I will still see it😉

7 Likes

E -n-T is for 2 of my cats, Emerson & Tique. I’ve been using it for a long time, & now i have 2 more cats but couldn’t come up with a good name that includes all their initials :upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::nerd_face:

4 Likes

@Gabe.G. No!! A film would kill it . Love the name Roland :+1:

1 Like

Lol you really made me laugh with that one :joy:

Thanks everyone,I knew some interesting/funny stories were bound to follow

Wow you are an irc babe. I didnt think girls existed on irc!

Anyway… I picked quitter because… COME ON DO I REALLY NEED TO TELL YOU

3 Likes

Purple is my favorite color always reminds me of my childhood and my younger days too when I didn’t need alcohol to socialize or have fun. Anything purple always make my inner self happy for some reason. Queen I added it 97 my h.s. grad year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I always have Chosen as a part of my screen name based off the scripture and reminder: Ephesians 1.4 “…as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.”

9 Likes

@Quitter if only we all had your name lol

@Purplequeen97 I like purple too.

@Chosen2001 nice to see someone else who finds encouragement in God’s word :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Marsha is my first name. And…if anyone wants to add a Brady Bunch joke…I also have an older brother named Greg!

7 Likes

It’s the name of one of my favorite songs. By Hole, from way back in the 90s. Total girl power/rage/f the system music. It also happens to be my favorite color :blush:

5 Likes

Love of irony.

3 Likes

Yes! Exactly. Also I was real lazy and couldn’t think of anything cool at the moment, haha.

2 Likes

Oh you have not heard? They made a movie. And yes, apparently Roland is black :thinking:

2 Likes