Wife does not support my recovery

I have been clean 15 days today my wife is very unsupportive an shows no care about my sobriety. She is a user of marijuana on the daily she has been constantly fighting with me an ignoring me. I feel as she might be cheating on me. It’s making it very rough for me to focus on myself an recovery. Would love some input due to I don’t want to dwell on this am ruin my recovery

1 Like

It is hard when your spouse doesnt support you. Its even harder when there in active addiction and youre in recovery. If i can, id like to make a little suggestion to you though. Look for support elsewhere. I dk if you go to meetings or not, but thats a great place to start! I go to AA and have found amazing support there. I have a support group and sponsor that i can call at any time… so maybe start there.
I cant speak for your wife, but you have to remember, she is sick using. Shes not going to want much to do with recovery until shes ready to recover herself.
Have you set boundaries with her? Like no smoking weed around me, period… you dont need or im sure even want to be around that shit. Especially with only 15 days sober! Its time to do some work on you! I know its hard to not worry, but focus on you. Get support elsewhere and work on you for awhile.
Eventually im sure you guys will have a sit down and you can let her know whats on your mind. Id definately get s sponsor amd discuss this w him. That i do know.
Best of luck to you! Hang in there one day at a time.

3 Likes

Yes I’m in AA, an attend 3 meeting a week an also do have a sponser, he allows me to vent but thinks I should do one on one counseling for myself, I have told her numerous times if she is going to smoke not to smoke around me or be around me she still continues to smoke an ignore what I’ve asked of her. I’m just goin to try to focus on myself an take your suggestion to look for support in AA thank you for input.

Thank you very much this helps😀

1 Like

I cant even tell my husband i have quit because i know he wont believe me. So I’m doing this pretty much alone other than this forum. He is addicted to weed but doesnt see it as an addiction with it being a plant. I’ve had verbal abuse for years over my drinking yet he is free to chong away. I doubt i will ever tell him I’ve quit. He will have to figure it out for hinself.

1 Like

I smoked herb, my husband didn’t. I don’t feel like he supports me in my journey to stay clean so I said eff it and started moving forward without him. Sometimes that’s what you have to do. Remember to put yourself first
Maybe she is jealous cause you can get clean and she can’t. Or she isn’t ready to deal with her truths which can be hard to.

Best of luck to you.

2 Likes