Will it ever end?

I quit smoking 11 years ago and I have no problems or desire to ever smoke again. I actually find it really gross now. Will it be the same quitting drinking? This is my 3rd time trying to quit the self destroying drinking habit. I am hoping one day I won’t have to struggle with it at all. I just want to be at peace with myself.

1 Like

stop smoking thats great im 30 years off the fags , as for drinking i went to AA meetings it helped me only a suggestion wish you well

Aye, but Ray, the question @Brina’s (and myself an’ all’s) asking is will there be a point when there’s no desire for drink anymore? Did you reach a point after 5, 10, 15 years when drink was as meaningless as cigarettes are to you now?
Btw - any idea when the fight actually starts (rather than all the razzmatazz?)

Yea it was after about a few months once i started to do the steps that the desire left me the program gave me the foundation to live life without drink wasnt scared anymore about drinking just got on with my life still used my sponsor but mostly wee chat about everyday events and life in general it worked for me going to AA it was my choice might not work for everyone but ive had a great few years being drink free , as for the fight theysay here in scotland it will start at 12 but main event about 4 or 5 in morning the under card looks good my sons and i will pull up the sofa and get the soft drinks and chips out and have a good night .

1 Like

Ha! I might lash out and pay for Sky Box Office.
Well, now I’ve packed in I’m a bit flush.
Cheers Ray.

1 Like

I’m not sure if that feeling ever goes away. I don’t think it ever does that vocie in the back of your mind is their to say it’s the vocie that you chocie to listen too or not that. That is how you over come it each day one at a time. Yesterday I let my uncle’s dog out who doesn’t know what life chocies I’ve decided on and as payment left me alcohol my favorite posion of chocie even. It would have been so easy to unscrew the cap and drink it… I wanted to the vocie grew louder and louder in my head and all I kept saying to myself was how close I was to a full month of soberity. Which I can’t even remember when that last time was. We have chocie to listen to the vocie of despair or the vocie of reason we know what happens when we find ourselves at the bottom of that next bottle. You just like me have the chocie keep choosing right and that vocie will get weaker in time and the vocie of reason will grow louder. Keep fighting and never give up.

1 Like

Those are some hard fights you have fought and won. Well done.Thank you for the inspiration that this provides. Something tells me @SassyRocks that you will be successful in overcoming this current addiction as well.

2 Likes