William osler detox?

just wondering if anyone has experience at william osler in brampton, ontario? i just need to make the call… just wanna know what i’m walking into. never been in inpatient detox before. any information would be hugely appreciated :heartpulse:

from alcohol.

Best info I can give is to make the call and go. If they offer inpatient treatment after detox I would do that as well. I’ve done detox/rehab route before and it really helped.

thanks for the info but i’m really not wondering so much about the withdrawal process as the facilities i can expect.

Some places offer groups, other ones you just stay in bed while you go through withdrawal. Most likely you will meet with a doctor the first day you are there. You will probably have a counselor as well. Many detoxes (non-hospital setting) will help you plan your after care. Usually a detox stay is between 5-14 days.

1 Like

Unless you are going to one of those fancy smancy california detoxes on the beach I gotta imagine they are all fairly similar. I know that detox helped me a lot because I couldn’t handle the withdrawal at all. I like having a doctor monitor me. Plus I was homeless so three meals a day was pretty nice. Plus we had a snack at the end of the night.

1 Like

brampton, ontario government funded detox is definitely not the beaches of california, haha. thanks for all the info :slight_smile: