Withdrawal from Cigarettes

Anyone on here trying to quit cigarettes? I’m almost 4 days without cigarettes and using vape to help with the nicotine craving for now. Long term goal is to quit all nicotine. I’ve been having horrible headaches, chest tightness, shaking, tingling in legs and fingers. Anyone else experience this?! Don’t know if it’s from cigarette withdrawal or if the vape is making me feel like this. I’m still getting nicotine through vaping so I can’t imagine that it’s nicotine withdrawal. Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated!!

2 Likes

Oh sure! There’s a thread/club here you might like:

Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) :grin:

personally I found a vape did more harm than good and definitely gave me chest pains, in the end I went for lozenges that you just leave in the side of your mouth for 30 minutes.

2 Likes

The best thing that worked for me was nicoderm patches. I made it 6 weeks and little cravings. But…I did start back, but using the patch is the longest I’ve ever made it. I tried vaping but it just made me want a cig even more. The gum was nasty lol good luck & stay strong!

I was a long term smoker and tried nearly every method to quit, that is to say, I’ve gone through withdrawals several times and its not fun.

Depending on how much you smoked for how long and how much and often you’re vaping, what you’ve described could be mild withdrawals or could be a side effect from vaping.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t say, going the vape route to quit is a dangerous game. Like many others, I switched from cigarettes to vape in 2014 to quit smoking. I ended up vaping for 4 years and consumed more nicotine than I ever did while smoking, which made the addiction stronger. I ended up quitting cold turkey 2 years ago.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I’m going to be attempting to quit smoking again so right on I’m glad you are too! I have been trying to just vape but it’s still making my lungs hurt. Keep up the good work!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

I can only speak for myself and what is currently working for me (and what worked in the past, I previously quit for 3 years).
I found that nicotine replacement was unhelpful. It was like eating tofu when I wanted steak. So I quit cold turkey… first 2 days were fabulous. The 3rd and 4th days were physically torture. I won’t lie, it was horrible. Nevertheless, I knew what I wanted and got through it.
Now I am 14 days without nicotine and doing great! I am glad I got the nicotine out of my system faster. Now I am going through weird things that no one ever talks about… like gas!
Like I said, going cold turkey has and is working for me. Find what works for you…in order to do so you mustn’t buy your own lie. Mine was: I can quit anytime I want to, I smoke because I like it.
Then it took 2 years of trying to quit before it finally stuck.

Do not lose hope, keep trying!

1 Like

In my experience, vaping made me feel pretty sick. I got serious body aches, headaches, stomach aches, and just an overall feeling of not feeling well.

I ended up just quitting cold turkey. Haven’t smoked in about 2 years.

Symptoms you are having don’t sound good at all. I’m not a fan of vaping. Mindset is all IMO, together with a good support system. Mindset is acquired by having the right knowledge. You tried Alle The Easy Way to Stop Smoking? Helped me greatly with getting the right mindset. I quit cold turkey 5 years ago and the first two weeks were hard but not like anything I couldn’t endure. Insomnia and feeling like I had the flu my main symptoms.

My issue is with alcohol, but I stopped smoking in 2003. Vaping wasnt invented then and I won’t lie, every single day for 3 months all I could think about was smoking. Going from doing something 20 times a day to zero really messed with my head. But i tried to accept this was normal withdrawal. I joined newsfeeds who emailed me daily supportive quotes and I substituted cigs for something I couldn’t smoke after eating - oranges. I could never smoke after eating oranges so I was on 20 a day at one point, but it was better than nicotine😬

Stick at it, quitting smoking was the best thing I ever did :+1:t4:

1 Like