Withdrawal symptoms 😔

My withdrawals are getting to me pretty bad!
I’m officially on day 6 (I really don’t know the last time I went this long without alcohol!), sadly I didn’t sleep at all last night, so having to start work at 06:30am today was a total killer! The insomnia has officially kicked in (and can’t even visit my doctor about it! 1. because of the pandemic and 2. because our doctors surgery is relocating!) and to top it off I’ve started today with a severe headache, stomach pains and the feeling that I’m going to projectile vomit everywhere!
I’m so exhausted, and I really can’t wait to get home and curl up in bed!

How is everyone else doing today?

5 Likes

I hope these feelings pass. The first week I stopped I didn’t sleep well at all. I think because of anxiety issues sunken stomach feeling. But it’s gone now. I guess it’s different for everyone. Just give it time. Your body is going through the mill atm. I start missing it some days but then get a reminder of how crap and low it makes me feel. I do not want to go through this detox again because it’s been horrendous at times xx

1 Like

The withdrawal will pass and your doing amazing :clap:. Keep on keeping on…it be worth it. I found having an awful detox helps me remember where I never want to be again…my head has a clever way of forgetting the hell I was in. I now remind myself of that hell and use it as a positive. Remember you never need to go through this again. One day at a time. Stay strong :muscle: :pray:

5 Likes

Detox can be a pain in the *** :pensive:
Maybe it’s possible to get a couple a day of from work? Just to get you trough the worsed days?
But keep going, it’s worth it at the end!! :facepunch:

5 Likes

Thankfully I just need to get through my 4 days, then I’m off for 2 weeks! I’m a bit nervous as normally work is my distraction from alcohol, so being stuck at home May tempt me which I’m terrified about! :pensive:

2 Likes

Just rest up and look after yourself on your 2 weeks off. Nothing worse than a hangover feeling low as **** because temptations got the better of you. Who’s there to pick up the pieces when you sat at home feeling depressed anxiety through the roof? Nobody . You are worth more than this x

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon. I am a week off of alcohol myself (not my first time) and I am noticing that I have trouble sleeping and my anxiety is way up. Treating ourselves with compassion at this time is vital. In time these withdrawl symptoms will pass. The community support here is helping me a lot, I am 127 days off of street drugs as of today. Keep going, you are doing great!

3 Likes

Congrats on going without alcohol for so long!!

I totally understand the fear of the boredom and downtime with your upcoming days off from work. My best suggestion is to find a new routine that you can do on your days off that doesn’t involve alcohol.

That’s what has kept me from picking up on even the most boring days during the pandemic. Once I started my sobriety journey I realized that so much of my urge and need to drink was because it was so engrained in my daily routine. Once I found other healthy and productive activities, the urges to drink weren’t as strong.

Like everyone else has said, the withdrawal will pass; you’re doing great, keep it up. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Im going to tell you something you already know deep down. This is the only way out and it WILL get better with time. Promise.

I struggle with withdrawls badly and it seems as though time is moving backwards. Work seems impossible. Shakes. Vomit. Diharrea. Cross eyed. Sweats. Anxiety. Insomnia. You name it.

Just exist. It will get better. You will feel better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Withdrawals suck but they do get better with time. Less frequent, with time you tend to forget them so just stick with it they’ll go away. Also for whatever reason for me when I was off of work it was worst, bored at the house just made me think more about the symptoms. Hopefully is different for you take care.

1 Like

This agony, pain and wretching can be the foundation of your recovery… it’s said there are two types of pain…pain that hurts and pain that alters. Memories of these awful few moments can fuel you later. I used to watch seconds on timer, wore out a pair of Chuck’s walking, I even cut down a huge Poplar tree with an axe (3days) and I own 3 chainsaws… anything as long as it’s legal…MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT YOUR WAY.

TICK TOCK…YOURE DOING IT!!!

Hi there, how is it all going? Are you managing to enjoy your time off work?

Hello just a question how are you withdrawal symptoms? Are you still feeling them

You can always contact your local drug and alcohol services they can help you

This may be helpful too: