Withdrawals, how long they last

How long does withdrawals last? It’s been a week and at times sweat at night and deal with nausea a little bit here and there. Cravings are ridiculous.

3 Likes

For me I was in the same boat as you when I first quit, sweats, cravings, trouble sleeping, dreaming about it, etc. Stick with it, things will get better, much better. You are transforming and that takes time. You have some great times ahead to look forward to. Lots of naps and drinking a ton of bubbly water helps. Find something you enjoy and focus on it. You will have good days and also some rough ones but in a few weeks you’ll be looking back and thinking wow I did it this far and I’m feeling better. Stay strong, you are doing this for you!!

2 Likes

Ridiculous anxiety was my problem for about a week, I drank for 18 years… eventually more than a 12 pack a day. Hang in there, it is so worth it.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Anxiety has been killer for me too. Taking anxiety med more than I usually do. Once a day for it lately.

I’ve always had a anxiety disorder, so I’ve taken a daily med for 8 years. But now without the numbing effect of the alcohol I have a constant lingering anxiety that I will address with my Dr, it’s enough to drive me nuts, but not enough to drive me back to drink :wink:

2 Likes

All drugs have a different withdrawl symtoms and timeline…

1 Like

What are you coming off of? I’ve detoxed from many different drugs and each one is different.