Withdrawals & How to Deal With Them

So, I’ve been on and off frequently with relapses and it seems even after up to 25 days I still have withdrawal symptoms. Night sweats, can’t eat, wake up every hour, and always shaking. Has thus happened to anyone else and if so, how did you combat it?

1 Like

What are you using?

Exercise and non-narcotic anxiety medication may help. I just dealt with mine but it wasn’t fun or easy. Mine only lasted for a week though. Good luck getting through it! It shall pass.

2 Likes

Great topic !!! I’m at 27 days & still struggling. I even tried convincing myself that 1/2 a glass of wine is ok and that I won’t have to reset back to zero but I know it’s not ok * so I truly appreciate the feedback here * I’ve been drinking chamomile tea to soothe my anxieties although honestly eecckk I’m worried * but I’m trying one day at a time

1 Like

Depending on genetics, how long and how much, withdrawal can last quite a while. If you are experiencing debilitating withdrawal after 3 weeks, go talk to your doctor, there might be something else going on.

alcohol-withdrawal-timeline-chart

2 Likes

Alcohol only

1 Like

I didn’t have any of that- within less than a week I was sleeping way better, eating better, and feeling better. Have you spoken to your doctor about what you’re experiencing?

Not about it after a long time, I relapsed a few days ago, so I’m on the restart. Hopefully I can last past the three week mark and if it still occurs, I will defiantly be talking to my doctor. I’ve always been iffy on medication.

1 Like

Maybe your body just hasn’t had a long enough stint to detox. Medication for what?

I was more suggesting a chat with the doc to maybe get some testing done to see why you’re still feeling so crummy! Not to get meds

If you are still drinking, then your body can’t detox. You are just teasing your brain if you are even drinking a little bit. How many days have you gone with no drinking at all? Sounds like you need to see a doctor no matter what. Anxiety can do strange things to your body, too.

2 Likes

Longest I gone was 47 days and still was experiencing some mild effects

Hmmm. Yeah, I dont have any medical knowledge on this subject, but that seems strange. Definitly go see a doctor and be honest about your drinking past with him. Whether the issue is physical or mental, it sounds uncomfortable. Something is going on and they can give you advice or medicine. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

It took me about 2 solid months before I was feeling better. The headaches killed me! I didn’t think I would ever be “normal” again, but alas! It passed and I’m as normal as I’ll ever be now. Everyone is different, so hang in there!

3 Likes

That’s ironic. Several of us were just talking about having headaches on another thread. I guess detox takes longer than I thought.

The headaches are killing me also…

1 Like