Withdraws 4m alcohol & drugs

I just hope i can withstand this first few days without alcohol i remember when i try stopping alcohol the first time i couldnt sleep the first month. My whole body hurted my hands were always shaking & i was sweating like crazy. Any body have any points

Try to get ativan or some type of benzodiazepine from your doctor.drink a lot of water and try to eat… I know it sucks right :weary:

@Hjuarez16
I would stay away from any benzodiazepines, they to are very addicting. I have been there, after the loss of my son, I ate them like candy and withdrawing from them is a new kind of hell. I would suggest drink lots of water, Advil is great for muscles and shaking and rest… It’s all in the healing process.
I use to tell myself that in the moments of my withdrawal, “I am getting better, everything is going to be ok” good luck and you can do this.

2 Likes

Was put on Ativan supposed to be short term? five year addiction came of them a month before i stopped drinking i can id with Miki33 withdrawls were Hell that was a few years ago now but can still remember it

Yeah it sucks but little by little thanks

Yeah i noe they become addicted when i was drinking some times i started taking xanax drunk or sober i was starting to become addicted to the xanax but i notice & i stop taking xanax before it was to late. Thanks

Sorry to hear that about your son my condolences. & yes benzodiazepines are addicted i started taking xanax when i was drinking to get buzzed little by little i started popping them like skittles. I was with a girl once & she took pixs of me & when i was sober she showed me the pixz my face was looking all fucked up like zombie thats what made me stop i hated how i looked when i popped to many xanax. Thanks am drinking lots of water & little by little baby steps

My doctor only gave me a week’s supply and that pretty much got me out of the woods… I’ve detoxed without it before and I thought I was really going to die. I tried valerian root and gabba supplements, also chamomile tea in place of a benzo, it helps. I’m on day 4 of detox without medication and it wasn’t easy… Wish you well👍

I would pop ativan when i would start getting withdrawals in the morning (which was every morning) and I didn’t know i became dependant on them until I ran out of them and alcohol. The withdrawal was 100 times worse.