Wobbling! Took me by surprise

Ok. It’s 7.10pm and it’s Friday eve…the fire is on…tv is on and j keep thinking of a bottle of wine :neutral_face:

Do something else. Obviously the familiarity of the situation is giving you the urge to drink. Do something you’ve never done before. Watch a movie in a different language with no subtitles. Try to figure out the story by what you are seeing, and the facial expressions of the actors. Get on-line and study a new language. Anything to change the trajectory of your thinking.

Got a film and Doritos

And just going to ride it out. It took me by surprise

What flavor? Ever had the original Taco flavor, from back in the 1960’s? They brought them back and I can’t pass them in the store without grabbing a bag. My wife and daughter had never tried them before. Now I get a handful and the bag get pummeled by my ladies.

I found out tonight that fizzy lemon soda in a pretty glass works miracles! I know about this craving for wine all too well. Maybe worth a try, this fizzy drink. The taste is satisfying and full.

Have a lovely evening!

Salted with salsa dip…off to bed soon
Not.liking how easily I rationalized it would be ok to get some wine:/

We can be very persuasive with our internal conversations. We know how to push our own buttons.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ive done the same. Bed at 9pm on a Friday it’s the only way to stop the want at the moment. Sleep and darkness.