Words of Wisdom

For those who want it find ways :muscle:t2:
For those who dont find excuses :smirk:

6 Likes

Sure this can be true to a degree. But for 15 years I made excues and manipulated ppl because that’s all I knew. I didn’t know how to change, I was scared of what sobriety would be like. So saying that to someone in early recovery doesn’t really help them. Because it’s scary changing, it’s hard changing your whole life to be better and do better. I see now that’s all I was doing was making excuses. But when your afraid of everything it’s hard not make excuses. We like to be comfortable, are minds afraid of new. 329 days and i still make excuses lol

7 Likes

Hey mate i didn’t mean to Offend anyone, its was more for determination as criticism :wink:, god knows i was myself who made excuses for a long time before i made the decision to stop completely, making excuses or believable lies to myself to legitimise my use for drugs or alcohol, we’re all got it hard someway or another, i apologies for any offence caused :blush:keep the faith and stay strong :shamrock::muscle:t2::wink:

4 Likes

I disagree. It is scary making changes, it is hard, but if nothing changes nothing changes.

I knew I was making an excuse to get loaded because I knew I absolutely shouldn’t be getting loaded. I knew getting drunk was destroying me emotionally, financially and physically… I absolutely knew it. I didn’t want to change because it wasn’t comfortable, it involved putting myself out there with the high probability of failing or looking like an idiot.

If you want something, you have to go get it… Anything worth having is worth working for.

7 Likes

I whole heartedly agree. Not just with sobriety, but with everything in life.

We are capable of anything and we can achieve our wildest dreams, if we want.

:+1:

4 Likes

I agree nothing changes if nothing changes. Wasn’t untill sobriety that I understood that tho lol.

2 Likes

No I wasn’t trying to say it was offensive. Just saying it took me a long time to understand how to change and quit making those excuses lol.

1 Like

Just look at us NOW :wink:, if we didn’t make those changes found more excuses and take what we all have now, we wouldn’t be on here sharing our experiences or talking about it and hoping others can learn from us, those who are on the First Day the First Month or First year, we’ve all been there and all know what its like. We always knew we were better but often it was easier to make the excuse and take the easy way, But we’re Here Now :muscle:t2::wink:, keep fighting the good fight :shamrock: :blush::sunglasses:

1 Like

Words of wisdom

We have 2 ears and one mouth for a reason. Lol

4 Likes

Are we having more positive days than before?

For me its more good than bad :wink:, i guess it get easier with time, the first couple of days a real hard but as the days go by it gets easier, in the times we have at the moment its hard to find something to occupy the mind, and lots of people are falling back or cant start but change and an occupied mind are good to keep you stable :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Love has to spring spontaneously from within; it is in no way amenable to any form of inner or outer force. Love and coercion can never go together, but while love cannot be forced upon anyone, it can be awakened through love itself. Love is essentially self-communicative; those who do not have it catch it from those who have it. True love is unconquerable and irresistible. It goes on gathering power and spreading itself until eventually it transforms everyone whom it touches
— Meher Baba