Words You Like thread

Oh goodness…I didn’t even think that.

1 Like

The word has a whole new meening now!! I remember my husband after his last colonoscopy…fartbubble describes his quite well.

2 Likes

I am feeling a little peculiar.

2 Likes

That can be a good thing at times! :heart:

Not tonight unfortunately. I am in a foul mood.

Aww. Sorry to hear that love! Here’s a pretty cactus picture to cheer you up!

4 Likes

Thank you! That is absolutely gorgeous.

1 Like

I find it hilarious the way the word “twat” is used in the UK. It’s only used to describe your hoo-ha here. I feel like l a little kid hearing a dirty word whenever I hear someone called that.

3 Likes

I’m from the South of the Uk and the kids here use it all the time, it just means someone acting stupid, they discovered to their cost it has the same meaning in the North here as it does in the US when we traveled up North to visit their Nanna and she freaked out at them for calling her a twat, they had no idea why they got shouted at

1 Like

Especially hearing one man calling another one that. I’m dead. .

2 Likes

Oh yeah, depending on the context its super lighthearted here but if meant seriously its usually preceded by something that expresses exasperation. I love it. That said, even the see you next tuesday word has become light hearted/less shocking.

Woke
Goddess

2 Likes

Said “fanny” around a female from the UK once- many years ago and she cringed. Here (US) it means bum, toosh, etc. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Deprecated, I can never remember it in the moment but I like it.

1 Like

Leave me alone!

When I was about ten years old I called my sister a ‘clit’ at the dinner table. My mother threw a cup at me and dinner was quite rightly DONE! I had no idea what that word meant, a kid in the playground called me it and I had no clue!

‘Crocodile’ is the most beautiful word I think. I didn’t really know how to do profanities until I lived in Glasgow, swearing is majestic up there! ‘Get-tae-fuk’

2 Likes

This thread is doing me the WORLD of good by the way!

3 Likes

“Harrumph.”

2 Likes

Pejorative

3 Likes

Haha, done the same. Got the same reaction