Work conversation

So today was a work day. Had a conversation with management. Basically over difference of opinion on processes and how communication is handled. It got pretty heated, then we kind of agreed to smooth it over. Sort of an uneasy truce. I left feeling like I would like to drink a lot. I won’t of course,because I choose not to. That choice is really not very easy right now. Sorry if this is a rambling mess.

5 Likes

Good on you. I definitely agree that right after a blow up at work that booze sure feels right. But one bottle of bourbon and one fist through a door later… Yeah sobriety is the best response. Well done

1 Like

Good job not drinking at your feelings. It can be tough to feel what we perceive as bad feelings…anxiety, anger, frustration…especially when we have gone to such lengths to dull our feelings for so long. But if we allow them, acknowledge them, they will pass. You did good. :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

I would like to know more of your thoughts on the processes of communication?

I know you just talked about it in work but i am genuinely interested.

How did it get heated? Someone wanting to overcommunicate? Or… is there a breakdown of communication somewhere?

Who are you communicating with? Internal teams or 3rd parties?

1 Like

This is internal communication. New leadership. Not a bad thing at all. But sure is hard to transition from what was before to what is now. The new way of communication chain is so different ,and to be honest it is easy to let your mind start messing with you. And of

1 Like

Good job being aware of your feelings and choosing not to drink. I know we’re supposed to choose to let go of resentment, but work frustrations seem to make that uniquely difficult lol. Do you have anything you can do to keep you busy and sober?

1 Like

Thanks,yes home with the family now. Have a favorite "cop"show on tonight,that last three hours. That takes up a chunk of time. Oh and cold Dr Pepper. Don’t really want to get into this at home. That’s why I threw to you folks. Thanks for your replies.

3 Likes

Nice job not letting someone else get the better of you and your sobriety. I’ve struggled with the same type of situation in the past few months. Watching your favourite show helps. Or just anything to take your mind off it and reset rather than dwell on it.

2 Likes

Were you watching Live PD? I love that show.

1 Like

My son got me started watching it. I’M"addicted" to it now.

1 Like

Ha! Me too. :rofl: It doesn’t get interesting until it’s night time on the east coast…then the drama begins.

I find it entertaining and it gives you a new perspective on what law enforcement goes through. As well it kind of contributes to wanting to be sober, seeing the flat out dumb ass stuff people do when drunk or high. I don’t want to be there. Glad to hear you’re a fan as well.

2 Likes