Work do advice

This is so important. And if it’s not fun, you don’t have to stay. Not everyone stays right til the end!

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for this input v helpful!

Let us know how it goes!

So you CAN not go!!!

I’m just saying that no one is forcing you to go. And if it looks odd that you’re the only one not going…who gives a f@ck!!

And if people give you a hard time if you do go but don’t drink…who gives a f@ck!!

You have every right to do what you want to do and what makes you happy and everyone else can just go f@ck themselves.

You do what you gotta do.

2 Likes

My boyfriend isn’t going to his Xmas do. He isn’t teetotal he just doesn’t want to go. And that’s what he said to them when they asked him why he’s not going :joy:

I also found that people really dont care if your drinking. Especially at a work party. Remind yourself of what you did last year. Write it down keep it in your pocket, read it if you need reassurance. Great advice on here.

Just a simple no thank you works most of the time
Always have a non alcoholic drink in hand
Bring a sober friend if you can
Check in here if it gets tough
Have an exit plan
I will not let anything get in the way of my sobriety my first year I missed many parties and gatherings.

2 Likes

I enjoy telling people that I’m an alcoholic. It makes them uncomfortable lol

3 Likes

You’re a trip

1 Like

Ha. I do it too. I’ll be talking to someone random about my energy drink intake and I’ll be like “well I’m an alcoholic so everything I do is obsessive.”

2 Likes

Diet coke or seltzer. No one will know.