Working on working out #2

That’s awesome!!

Just got done with a 2.5 mile run, then stair stepper for 20 min, followed by the Jacob’s ladder for 10 minutes. I’m spent. Now time for leg workouts…lol! I’m not going to be able to move from the dinner table!

1 Like

@Ray_M_C_Laren They have quite an impressive setup! I’m jealous!

@NateRC That’s one hell of a workout for thanksgiving! I did legs yesterday and I’m still hobbling around the house lol

1 Like

My body is cooperating so I’m back on the treadmill after a hiatus. Feels good!

7 Likes

Back on the horse so to speak. I’d neglected my rowing after some wrist issues. But back at it. Figured my vacation day home alone was a good start. Had a good row but unfortunately the batteries are dead :joy: so I didn’t get to track my workout. Not as motivating with a blank screen but I still did it. Now to pick up two D batteries (cue double D jokes :crazy_face:)

10 Likes

LOL! But you did it! And, you were the inspiration for me to get back to it, also. Slow start for me, but it went ok!

1 Like

Ha! Well your post before mine inspired me to drag my butt downstairs! My legs were a bit like jello walking back upstairs though :rofl:

1 Like

I jumped back on the fitness bandwagon and got a rower few weeks back. Somewhat less fancy. :sweat_smile:

Looking to get back real, whole body fitness and my trainer friends all recommended a rower.

Needed something as our trails have been too crowded lately. And my new building has a gym that’s closed cuz of the rona. Boxed in I got sooo lazy and it caught up with me.

I’ve gotten up to 1-2, 35 min sessions/day over the past few weeks. It ain’t much, but my weight has leveled out and starting to feel strength returning. A relief.

Takes me back to my first months sober!

6 Likes

That’s awesome!!! I so wish I had one. Used to row on a lake and loved it.

1 Like

Facebook marketplace, practically new and on the cheap.

Get some, @MoCatt! :muscle:

Hit body weight for 15 reps benching today, i had at least one more in the tank. 200x15 I’ll take it, next stop body weight for 20.

@Salty how do you like that rower? I’m on the waiting list and get to order next week if i decide.

3 Likes

New mantra! As I head down to my treadmill today.

4 Likes

Spot on, @RosaCanDo. Taking a rest day and feel good that I’m actually bummed by that. Taken a few weeks, but I look forward to it now!

But just did like 10 days in a row, ramping up the whole time. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Well done! I bet it feels good to have a healthy habit established. I’m just getting back started this week and the fact that pain is not preventing me from walking on the treadmill is great!

1 Like

I love it… although they’re not cheap. I got a good deal at the time I ordered online. I figured cheaper than gym membership in long run (and no gym near me). Sold my treadmill to buy it as I wasn’t using it. My knees are happier rowing. Such a great workout that I actually enjoy. Just need to do it more :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks! They’re only making the model D in black right now for $900 + shipping from Concept. I could pay more on Amazon and have it already but I’ll wait. It’s gonna crowd up my gym, that’s the only reason i was thinking about not getting one. We have a recumbent bike and i had an elliptical but i sold that.

1 Like

Nice! I have a black model D too :blush:

2 Likes

45 minutes of rowing, soundtrack courtesy of Stella's Music Share… dance, dance, dance.

Close eyes, lean in, breathe out, lean out, breathe in, and go… :pray: :muscle:

3 Likes

Early Saturday morning gym time. Workouts is a necessity for my sobriety and sanity as is routine. Staying laserfocused. Staying safe staying fighting and staying strong.

Anyone else with workout selfies?

Have a great weekend friends. Each of you are in my thoughts and daily prayers (I truly mean that).

4 Likes

Hiked Saturday, but losing a little steam honestly. Did 30 mins yesterday and today. Felt good once it was done! It’s something anyway.

Need a strategy for something during work lunches. :thinking: You’d think it’d be so easy when working from home. Hell, couple years ago I was doing push ups at work in my office.

1 Like