Working on working out

Boxing is incredible for geting in shape. I lost 10kg in about 6 months boxing and keeping everything else the same.

I must admit I wouldnt know what to do if I was sparring or doing pad work with a woman and would probably be one of the people barely tapping you :joy:

1 Like

Thanks Rob! Once I start orientation at my job I will set something up! I see you are a chiropractor… if it starts to feel better can i use it or at least go walking on it?

2 Likes

Taking a break today and hoping to feel better!!

1 Like

I’d recommend you keep using it to keep mobility. A brace may help with this if the ankle is very unstable.

1 Like

Perfect I just went and got 2 different braces Im taking it easy today and will get back out there tomorrow!!

2 Likes

Which would you prefer?

2 types of women in my Krav Maga and Muay Thai classes: those who are there for the exercise, and those who want to learn to defend themselves. The latter want to get hit like an attacker would hit them. Coincidentally, they hit back hard.

Swings of the sledgehammer - countless, too many!
Pushing the wheelbarrow - miles!
Callouses on hands - a few!

Remedy - relaxing bubble bath, bed.
Maybe see if I could beg a rub down from my wife. ( Probably not, just get laughed at):joy::joy::joy:

Who needs to pay for the gym!!!

6 Likes

It’s a lot of work living in the country!

2 Likes

I was sore today after moving a couple of couches from the basement to the garage yesterday. But off to the gym!

Pushups 2x20
Seated leg press 170x10x5
Leg extension 120x10x3
Seated leg curl 105x10x3
Bench dips 10x5
Pectoral Fly 105x10x5
Chest press 45x10x3
Lat pulldown 100x10x3
Shoulder press 25x10x3
Row 75x10x3
Back extension 180x50x2
Crunches 100×25×2

Plus 2-mile walk to/from the gym.

8 Likes

Regenerating today.

I have to find a proper home exercise, I don’t want to lose weight but I’d like to be more toned and fit. Do you have suggestions? Rubber bands? Or just keep doing planks, abs, push-ups etc?

7 Likes

Morning, 6 rounds of:
5 pull ups (assisted with a band)
10 push ups
15 squats (body weight)
Run 200m

Afternoon.
5k run outside

7 Likes

When I lived in Canada we would clear brush with a machete to create new trails almost daily…I miss that kind of exhaustion… I’m sure you feel great!

3 Likes

I feeling sore. Sat watching The Dawn Wall. I feel nothing in comparison to Tommy and Kevin :grinning:

3 Likes

This was my house in NY, lived upstate for 13 years, we had 2 seasons, winter and winters coming. Summer and fall was cutting down trees and splitting firewood, winter and spring was chopping ice and shoveling snow…And I loved it, oh and march was all about making maple syrup…maybe the maple syrup should go to a different thread…hmm

11 Likes

Got a personal best on a snatch olympic lift today. 70kg. Woohoo! :weight_lifting_man:t3:‍♂:weight_lifting_man:t3:‍♂:weight_lifting_man:t3:‍♂

3 Likes

I can see why you moved to Arizona😃

2 Likes

LoL, yeah, 2 different extremes but they both have their pros and cons…:+1:t2:

2 Likes

Missed getting out of work for the Weds. night group ride.
Did a fast and hard race on Zwift instead.
Avg. power 183 watts with maximum watts 320 watts (flat course)

5 Likes

Lower (6), Abs (1) & Planks (x3)

7 Likes

20 min spin warm-up :heavy_check_mark:
300 knee kicks to BOB: 150 L. :heavy_check_mark:
150 R. :heavy_check_mark:

4 Likes