Working on working out

40 min elliptical :heavy_check_mark:
2x20 pushups :heavy_check_mark:

6 Likes

lower abs, planks and push-ups + 45 min walk and 30 floors climbed.

5 Likes

That really interesting about the muay Tai fighters. I always wondered how they were able to kick like that!

I’ll have to google Wolfe’s law .

Generally cyclists in Europe come from super poor families. I don’t think it’s as much the case here in the u.s.

Also why there’s a ton of blood doping in endurance sports. Just like you and your troops experienced at altitude. Which is why many pro cyclists do training camps at altitude. Your body produces more red blood cells which in turn are able to carry more oxygen which gets rid of the lactate your body builds up when you’re doing that cardio. Which is where the vo2 comes in.

Anyway. I got off on a tangent going nowhere.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a hardening of my hands, elbows and shins since I started training as well. No chance of me kicking through a banana tree, but I am definitely less sensitive and can strike harder. I bruise less too. More the supporting ligaments and tendons though.

Bought myself a road bike today. Weather is good and I’m hoping to ride and camp at the coast in a month or two (70 mi) 00u0u_4ZBs9o9NcIw_600x450

12 Likes

Yeaaaa man. Looks nice!!

At my sons dojo. He turned my training program upside down so that i could reach my goals

My new gear :yum:

9 Likes

Getting into Kendo?

No, he does something called bujinkan budo taijutsu. Ninjutsu and other stuff. Im not going to practice that, but he helps with my own training. Among other things he is a professional foot therapist, which goes well together with my stepwork :wink:

3 Likes

Pushups :heavy_check_mark:
Abs :heavy_check_mark:
Planks✔
Yoga✔

6 Likes

60 minutes cardio push-ups planks abs

5 Likes

Awesome! My summer goal is to learn how to ride a bike before my trip to Europe in September :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe try some martial arts. If the hardcore stuff is too much, maybe a softer art like Tai Chi.

Ive done karate, ages ago, but right now dont have time for anything like that. Tai chi is not my cup of tea, i need something more… punching :laughing:Boxing maybe. My dream is to have my own bag for punching & kicks at home. Anyhow, im aiming to do at least 10 pull ups (in what ever way) in the end of summer :blush: and at my age it is a serious goal, so im happy to have the best coach i can get

2 Likes

Here you go Hanna…good luck with it…

4 Likes

30 minute spin w/ curls to shoulder press (lightweight) 5 × 12 reps…

4 Likes

I should look into it, I have zero power in my arms. Except childrencarryingmuscles. They work pretty well. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Take it slow, ahoulders have a lot of connecting tissue that’s easy to injure…

2 Likes

I was practically glued to the office chair today, too much to do. But managed to sneak out for a 50 min walk during lunch time. Only 12146 steps and 23 floors today but that’s OK.
Planks, push-ups, little more abs. :heavy_check_mark:

Pull-ups might be interesting. Tried last summer and managed to do just 1. :joy: Don’t have an equipment for that though. Will check if our park has something. It has a pretty neat outdoor “gym”.

4 Likes

Nice ride, Kyle!