Working on working out

Turmeric and ice. Fix you right up. We were doing hip-tosses tonight and I landed on my knee when getting thrown. Took some turmeric and iced the knee and my shoulder for an hour. I am good to go.

Agree. I guess you don’t have to lower the bar as far tho. Looks insane. I put my feet back and kinda somehow use my legs, but that arch…negative ghost rider.

@Yoda-Stevie. …here you have the sumo deadlift setup for 345lbs. She’s tiny. If I ever learn to sumo deadlift imma have my setup professionally choreographed to music. Imma give judges baseball gloves to catch my eyeballs too, when they pop out of my skull.

While not necessarily “bad” for the spine, it is not very proper form and is considered by many as a way of “bending” the rules of powerlifting in their favor.

Thanks to you and @Sassyrocks for the suggestions. I did two easy miles and am icing out now. I’ll follow up and purchase turmeric tomorrow. It’s, time to fully commit!

Hundred and four pounds…I was doing leg presses yesterday with 680 pounds…you’re tiny :wink:

Wow! :sweat_smile: and yes, I’m a teeny, tiny lil’ thing :grin:

Great workout this morning. Quick warm up, then 12 minutes of shadow-boxing/footwork, followed by 5 x 2 min rounds on the slip line, then some maize bag work, and then 5 x 2 min rounds on the double-end bag. Krav class tonight, so I stayed away from the strength stuff today,

I had a great session at the gym aswell…broke some personal records
lunges with 220 pounds and dead lifts with 242,5 pounds…three sets of fours
Again not so high numbers for someone else, but high for me :slight_smile:

Dunno…those are some pretty solid numbers there. If you are setting new personal records, that’s progress, and that’s what you want.

I haven’t lifted heavy in years. My strength training is all body-weight and working with my 75 lbs ground bag.

Keep lifting those heavy things, and putting them back down again. Next thing you know, we’ll see you in one of those strongman competitions, running with a refrigerator on your back.

LOL…I do like to set new records and I do like progress. That’s what keeps me motivated. But my goals are not to get all big and buff…I’m looking to get a healthy normal body with the extra fat gone…and then maintaining that…this is why I also do running etc…actually I think I like all kind of sport challenges…I wanna put myself out there…and we all know that what you’re doing is working :slight_smile:

I decided to turn my upstairs patio into my workout space and it was such an added bonus to the place I bought-wasn’t expecting to have this kind of space here at all. Anyways, it’s still a little cluttered and not exactly organized to the way I’m going to have it but here it is :blush::blush: I just used all kinda of equipment for the workout I just did.

Nice use of the space. Fresh air, sunshine, sweat. I would imagine that as you begin using it, you will refine it to the point where a member gym just won’t do.

I really enjoy my garage dojo. Pretty much has everything that I need. Mats on the floor, free standing heavy bag, gound bag, double-end bag, slip rope, maize bag, agility ladder. Footwork cones, kettlebells, medicine ball, jump rope.

Yes exactly, can’t wait to get some things moved around. And get rid of that dish, it was left here by the seller’s and we don’t have cable etc so it’s just an eye sore.

I wish I had a bag up there, sounds fun

Love it, Lea! Creative workout space :hugs:

Thank you Tracy :kissing_heart:

First of all, Nice view. And I second Stevie on Nice use of space. Get after it

Instead of our normal Krav class, we had a 3 hour ground-fighting seminar. Learned a lot of BJJ tactics, escapes, counters, different controls and submissions, modified for Krav Maga, to include striking. Lots of off-balance striking, to learn how to generate max power when you lack a base or leverage. Good stuff, but I just realized how exhausted I am. Think a nap is in order.

3 hours is pretty long, id be ready for a nap too. I mean, I’m usually ready for a nap any time of the day though no matter what kind of physical exertion or lack of ive done.
How long is your typical krav class?

Thanks! I’m about to get in a session right now because I’m in the worst mood of my life. Great alternative to drinking my sorrows away.