Worried alcohol timescale

It looks like you might be focusing on the possibility that something bad will happen and that fuels your anxiety. If you can get through to the doctor it would be great but until then can someone be there with you or can you go visit a friend, perhaps go for a walk with them or do something else that could take your mind off of this?

2 Likes

I caved in :tired_face:

Be strong… Lots of us want to use but i always remind myself how painfull it is on other side

@Kells87 - We are here for you. Trust me… we ALL have gone through what you are going through right now. You are not alone. You slipped up - we all did in the beginning- so today is a new day, you woke up thank goodness, and you have been given a chance to “go to bat” swing, and hit it out of the park. You CAN do this. I have faith in you. You did 3 days. That’s remarkable- now try for 4 days and if you can’t get to the doctor, try to get to a mtg. They’re free and you’ll be surrounded by support. I rooting for you!

2 Likes

Ok. So, stop now. You had a bad moment and made a choice. You don’t have to continue to make it.

Withdrawal sucks - badly. I had to do it while taking care of my two and four year old. I felt like I had the worst flu, and I couldn’t stop crying - but I had to go on. I knew that if I ever wanted to get sober I would have to face detox sooner or later. Sooner was better.

You have a chance here to change your life. Move on from what has happened, learn from it, and start again. You have the strength to do this.

3 Likes

Hey girl, don’t give up. This thing you are trying to do hard AF! We all know, we’ve all been there. Please don’t quit now. You can do this! We are all here as a community to help one another, and that includes you!

1 Like

Hey @Kells87 - how you doin girl? You hanging in there?

@Kells87 I saw my dr in advance, I knew I already had anxiety so I was already stressing about the withdrawals, she prescribed me librium which REALLY helped get me though it while not worrying my kids. They just thought it was my normal anxiety. I’ll be fully titrated off by Thursday night and 3 weeks sober. :slightly_smiling_face: you can do it but dont try to do it alone. You need medical advice and a go to person to help you through it. A best friend who can stay with you a few days?

3 Likes

I absolutely support Librium tapers. Even if someone isn’t at risk for seizures the taper gives a much higher chance of success. Well, as long as the person doesn’t expect it to take everything away. Benzos were a huge part of my addiction, so I’m very careful about how I feel or talk about them, but I feel like this route is the best way to go sometimes. I was on one for 3 weeks, and it was still absolute hell, but I certainly would have died trying to detox without it. If the help is out there, I say take it!

1 Like

Kelly - how are you today? Are you okay?

I’m on 39 hours no alcohol feel like shit but got my thiamine to help me doctor’s wouldn’t give me diazepam or nothing so I’ve just been suffering feel shaky dizzy and palpitations but hopefully it will ease now xx

3 Likes

Hang in there, we’ve got your back x

1 Like

I’m really glad to hear from you. This isn’t going to be fun, but you have the strength to get through it!

3 Likes

Thanks all xxx

Hey, you got this :slight_smile: I had pretty bad withdrawals too, the palpitations were worst for 3 days, then eased up but were still felt til about day 10, then stopped. The sweating came in episodes for about 2 weeks.
Are you on any anxiety meds that arent addictive, like Lexapro?

I have kalms xxx

Eat some sugar. When you withdrawal, your body is looking for all the sugars it is missing from I m the alcohol. I usually do hard candy, pie with tea at a dinner, or just breakdown and get some more hard candy… Aloha and You Got This Sistah!!!