Wtf did I do this time?

I just can’t win I swear… I’m 7 days clean and everything is decent with her soon as I try to talk thru food stamps n shit everyone flips shit around and all of a sudden I’m making her out to be the bad guy?! All I said was that she didn’t seem happy about it now im making her thd bad guy? Wtf… First thing I think off is using to take my anxiety away to feel numb to push my emotions to the side and not worry about them for just 5 damn minutes :frowning: ugh one day at a time just seems too impossible anymore…

1 Like

It’s never too impossible. Good on you for coming to the forum for some guidance and advice rather than hitting the bottle. Lord knows that’s my go to when I can’t seem to win…

You got pets?
I’m feeling down as well, just kinda bored at home. Day off, this is about the time when I get some beer, but instead j am going to gather the pups, and listen to a new music album I have never heard to pass the time.
Getting outside has helped me out tremendously.
And HELL YEA On a week! That’s great dude!

2 Likes

1 hour at a time brotha. 5 minutes will turn to 20… then to an hour but it won’t last forever. Stay focused on what you really want. And those 5 minutes aren’t it. Stay strong. Stay focused

1 Like

I like this forum and I have a meeting tonite but after what happened with her I had to calm down somehow from getting worked up… I wish I just cudnt talk to her but we were together for 3 yrs and had 2 kids together I can’t not talk to her… I’m just doing what I can to stay above water with her so not to set her off… I’m medicated for depression and anxiety so my brain thinks differently she’s not medicated yet so her emotions go from good to bad in an instant… She’s the love of my life and I’ll do anything to get her back… That’s y I’m trying to stay clean… Not just for her but for my kids too

1 Like

Come on Phil. Take yaself back to basics everytime it all comes on top. We alcoholics dont cope well with confrontation. You know that yourself buddy. We cant all be loved and respected ALL the time. She may be in a fowl mood or just having a bad day like we all do. Keep your side of the street cleen and sleep on things for a few days. Just a hot shower and some nice food will pull ya back to remembering to be good to YOU.

2 Likes

U guys r awesome I really appreciate all the encouragement and knowledge u guys share… The last 2-3 days Ive been on this forum has helped me tremendously… Thank u

3 Likes

You dont get this on Facebook Lol !!!

2 Likes