Xanax and seroquel overdose

My best friend’s 25 year old son overdosed on Monday from a mixture of xanax (prescribed for anxiety) and seroquel (prescribed for sleep). They aren’t sure if it was intentional or accidental, but either way he is dead. He was in rehab for xanax abuse a few months ago. He only had 10 xanax in his prescription, but it does not mix well with seroquel, especially when abusing either instead of taking as directed.

He was a sweet kid. He got into drugs after surviving a terrible fire and being burned over much of his body. He recovered, but scars…emotional and physical remained.

:heart:

12 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this your friend must be heartbroken and you too, sorry for both of your losses.
There needs to be more awareness about drug interactions with all benzos, I’ve been brought back twice from a mix of benzos and opiates, I’m one of the lucky ones :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I hear you…the amount of years I spent mixing all sorts of prescribed and non prescribed drugs in my body…I am amazed any of us are alive sometimes.

It is heartbreaking.

4 Likes

@SassyRocks are you a moderator on here :slightly_smiling_face:

How awful :sweat: heart goes out to your friend and you at this tough time :weary:

2 Likes

I will keep you in my prayers. And your friend

1 Like

Yes, I am a moderator.

I’m sorry to hear that, my condolences. :pensive:

1 Like

@SassyRocks,

This is sad and shocking news. I’m really sorry to hear of your friend’s loss.

1 Like

Thank you guys. It has been a very sad week. My heart is heavy.

That is absolutely tragic. My condolences to you and your friends.

1 Like

I am so very sorry. It is heartbreaking, so very heartbreaking.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this… :disappointed:

1 Like

How aweful and sad :cry:
giphy

2 Likes

This definitely could have been me. It really is sad. Giving Seroquel for sleep is ridiculous and dangerous. I just finally got off of Seroquel a few weeks ago and the process was absolute torture.

My thoughts and love go out to you all.

2 Likes

@SassyRocks I’m so sorry for your loss.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this, thoughts with you all x

1 Like

Omg I am so sorry!! So young!!! Prayers!!!

1 Like

I am very grateful to be alive as well. I have done my fair share of mixing things. So sad.

1 Like

Very sad to hear. I’m sorry for your loss.

1 Like