Yellow person

My eyes and skin are yellow has anyone else’s done that I’ve been sober 11 days and I was wondering how long til I start turning back and feeling normal again

1 Like

Hi,
I havent experienced ths myself.
Are you having any withdrawals symptoms?
Yes i think you should see a health professional and make sure your liver is ok :hugs:

Yellowing of the skin and eyes means the liver is not working.

2 Likes

I finished the shaking cold sweats anxiety horrible part of the physical withdrawal

3 Likes

I did and they ran blood work

2 Likes

My liver is fatty and showing signs of cirrhosis but nothing it can’t heal from as long as I stop drinking

6 Likes

Thats good your getting through the physical symptoms.
OK where you experiencing yellowing of the eyes and skin when you had bloods done ?

Im not trying to scare you just being caring :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes that’s why they did the blood work

Ok, hopefully someone will be able to answer any qns you have that have experienced this.
Its good your here and choosing to be sober.
This community is very caring and supportive.
Have you tried typing in the search bar at posts and chats that may be available to read of the symptoms your experiencing ? Whilst you see of someone can help you on this post.

Its nice to meet you as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are your doctor’s aware of the yellow skin? This indicates liver problems, as you stated. Just want to be sure this didn’t crop up after you saw the doctor’s. If it did, then you should contact the doctor again. If they are aware, then they should be able to let you know when to expect your color to come back.

Glad you have chosen sobriety.

4 Likes

Jaundice is one of the most common symptoms of liver disease. It’s caused by an excessive amount of a substance called bilirubin in the blood, which causes a noticeable yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes.

[image]

https://www.dearalbert.co.uk › articles

Alcohol Jaundice | Dear Albert

1 Like

Not to try and scare anyone straight but my mother inlaw died from complications with her alcoholism, cirrhosis of the liver and kidney failure she had developed jaundice at serveral points in her decline. Drinking is a very real threat and for many of us complete abstinence is absolutely neccessary.

4 Likes

Yep. I got word last night that an old friend from multiple trips to Iraq died. Last week he posted on Facebook that he had a minor stroke and his cirrhosis flared up. He died yesterday from it. Serious stuff and a stark reminder that at 8 months sober I’m on the right path.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, good job on 8months of sobriety keep up the good work.:+1:

2 Likes

I looked back at old posts and you talked about your alcoholic hepatitis and jaundice back in May of 2020 and then got a couple of months under your belt. I’m sorry it didn’t stick. This is going to kill you. I lost a friend last night to cirrhosis and an associated stroke from it. Go to 90 meetings in 90 days. Go to rehab. Give up all access to funds to a sober person. If you don’t do something drastic, you likely won’t be around to ask this question again on another 18 months.

9 Likes

Is rehab a possibility for you? You may need a medical detox. I have not done this personally, but I know a couple people who did. Saved their life.

3 Likes

Yeah I know how do I help fix it???

I can’t go to rehab my husband is a trucker and I have 3 kids I have to take care of I am 13 days sober I just want the yellow gone

1 Like

That is a lot on your plate! Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

Just take it easy on yourself, we can get better just a day at a time. Its tough to deal with heath issues but people do recover and get better. Remember your not alone and if theres any more encouragement we can give just ask for help someone to talk too or just any more suggestions to make it through this beginning stage of your recovery.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Theres the initial 5stages of grief that you may experience you can look up dealing with grief maybe that can help with getting started. Try to enjoy the present moment dont be to hard on yourself, recovery should be a little fun dont look at it as a daunting or impossible task. Remember you have people who care about you and love you they want you to get better. Theres Hope and once you realize your position you can move forward with your life.:grinning: we’re here for you if you need to vent your frustrations or have any questions that might benefit

2 Likes