Yoga and journaling

Yoga for Julias :swimming_woman:t2: :sweat_smile::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ouhh, i like what she is wearing…

1 Like

I loved this following practice:

Day 6 :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 6 days! That’s great. I am sometimes thinking about what role Yoga played in my sobriety. Might have written it down here somewhere. It came back into my life at the time I quit drinking in fall 2018. And it stayed. Somehow it’s connected to my sobriety and my journey of recovery. I don’t do it daily. I decided to start this online yoga teacher training and I am really astonished that I am still working on it. Maybe also, yoga is such a great way to connect with my body no matter what is hurting at the moment. You can adapt to almost anything and still get exhausted or calm. Next step would be to feel comfortable in yin yoga. But one step after the other :grimacing:

4 Likes

Thank you :two_hearts: Teacher training! Fantastic. I want to stay a student forever with this one I believe.

I’m one of those annoying folks that exclaim : yoga saved my life! Not just in a rehabilitative way but also helped with discipline, humility, building routine, finding my inner drishti (focus), making me teachable, and putting me first.

Personally, I get the most benefits if i do it daily, even if for 10 mins. There were times if i struggled with depression, i could only find the heart to do 10 mins. Today, I’ve increased it to a 30 mins min daily. One of the benefits is also connecting mind and body. I cant always think myself out of situations. I can move through them though, without intellectualising or rationalizing. I move through and process and let go of the physical impact of emotions.

I’ve done high impact my whole life and find more peace and well being with stretching and flowing through poses. Its peaceful and calmer. My jam at 39 years old. I was thinking i could benefit by pumping a little iron… eventually.

5 Likes

That is wonderful. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Mélanie… Thanks for this wondeful and inspiring post about your Yoga journey! :white_flower::cherry_blossom::hibiscus:

1 Like

Hi. I feel like i replied and made it about me. Do you mind if i ask you how do you think its connected?

I know you’re a really smart cookie and i’d love to hear more thoughts.

:love_letter:

Don’t step back. It is your thread, so it is about you :slight_smile:
I cannot really describe this, maybe it is also only coincidence that I tried Yoga again back in 2018. I never had a conncetion to it. I needed action, i needed to get exhausted, i needed to push myself further (sorry, there is no autocorrect on my laptop). i went to a retreat over X-mas 2018 and i felt so good, in connection with the people there, being myself which i had not felt in a long time, if ever. I still miss this feeling. Being okay with who you are, no-one judging you. and the more I practiced Yoga the more i learn. I come and go, being curious about new things i would have never thought of trying. It is like in my recovery. Also there i come back again and again to certain topics and i get to put them into the right order with every time i encounter problems, like an ahhhhhhhhhhhhh-ooooooooooooooohhhh moment, a light bulb getting on in your head, you pick up that piece of puzzle and it makes sense.
Also this teacher training is foremost for myself. I dont have a strong intention to teach. I learn so much, though. Being less judgemental about me and others.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_tear:

There is a working on judgement with yoga. Mostly because you surpass yourself, but also accept limitations. The inner voice cannot be mean or harsh, because its completely counterproductive to getting the full benefit of the practice. I feel more serene when I speak kindly to myself during a practice. Or even, if I want to hold plank or something and struggle, I will encourage myself, not denigrate myself. I also know when to child pose and adapt the poses. I don’t mess around with this, I really believe in harm reduction, ahimsa.
images

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Kassandra has become my teacher. From Ottawa Canada too!

2 Likes

In bed, wonderful.

1 Like

Watched twice to do both sides of periformis, bum lower back.

1 Like
1 Like

:panda_face::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::white_flower:

Enjoyed this morning :heartpulse:

1 Like