Yoga chat 2023/2024

Nice one they look good!

1 Like

I donā€™t think I knew you are pregnant, congratulations! :partying_face: And sounds like a very good choice to go with what you need.

2 Likes

What mat did ya get?

1 Like

Because I am still stuck in the middle of the teaching part and find absolutely no motivation to finish and/or continue. And the gulit is mainly due to me and people raise the question: but youā€™ve already paid for it. :scream::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I used to feel that way about my BA degree in Transpersonal Psychology (and subsequent refresher classes), that I never ā€˜earned moneyā€™ from them. It has been invaluable throughout my life tho and continues to be. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I totally feel you on the no motivation and not wanting to finish something. I have a big outstanding task at work that I was supposed to finish today. So got to try and get my shit together to do it over the weekend!

After the teaching bit is there anything else interesting to look forward to, or is that the last module?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a ā€œLululemon the matā€ :black_heart::white_heart::black_heart:
Yes it was expensive, but I used the old simple one for about 7 years. And the new mat is already so worth it l. I can focus much more on real strength then on shaking or not being safe in things like 3 legged dog.

3 Likes

Sounds like an excellent investment, glad it is paying off already!

1 Like

So very exciting!!! Good listening to your body on gentle stretching. :heart:

2 Likes

I am in the first third of this whole teaching module. So it is still a lot of stuff ahead. My problem is that there is absolutely no pressure behind, I mean external which leaves me alone with my unwillingness. And I often feel that since I am in my recovery I am not willing to finish things where I feel out of place. I really donā€™t know. Ahhh. :crazy_face::see_no_evil:

1 Like

That sounds nice, iā€™m on day 10

2 Likes

I joined a morning yoga anusara class this morning. What does yoga gave me. Being more aware of being not at all symmetrical. Being humble. And seeing that somehow this rubs off onto my daily life. Being more in balance and more importantly having a wider base for this balance.

4 Likes

Is teaching the last module of the course? Or is there more yoga stuff after that?

I can relate to lacking the will to finish things. I never managed to get myself together to do the final research project for my MSc. I had paid for it and it was relatively open ended so I had a few goā€™s at starting it and a few deferrals over a couple of years. Eventually I decided to just let it go (rather than being dragged! @sassyrocks :kissing_heart:). I ended up with an PgDip and am happy with the skills I gained.

It would have been kind of cool to finish it for the kudos, but I didnā€™t need it for my career or anything and it was becoming a source of increasing stress so I was happy to just put it down in the end.

Also. I paid for it. And my future income did not depend on it. So as I see it, my freedom and right to choose not to continue it.

I am sure you will find the right way to move forward for you, whenever you are ready to decide! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I think you nailed it.
In the meantime they changed the curriculum and divided it also by costs into fist part: philosophy, history, practice, their principle and I really liked it. And the second part being the teacher training. One year ago I had to buy the bundle. If Iā€™d had to make the choice today Iā€™d chosen the first part only.

2 Likes

Just finished day 15 of Adrieneā€™s Center journey.

Had three days off, which is fine, but I donā€™t want to keep letting it slip. Weekends are so much less structured and that is OK. Ideally Iā€™d like to get at least five practices in each week to allow for a bit of flexibility. So maybe aiming to do yoga in the morning on the weekend might help.

I used to get up at 5am every day so it was much easier to do it then on the weekdays. For a while recently I was struggling to get up before 9am :see_no_evil: that is getting slightly earlier. Possibly connected to doing yoga before bed. Seems to help me sleep through too. Or itā€™s a coincidence!

Found myself struggling to get into boat pose which is odd cos my core strength is pretty decent. Not a problem, just an observation. My balance for tree pose practically non-existent too :sweat_smile: but a good opportunity to dial it back a level and build the foundations.

1 Like

I have been going to a local yin practice twice a week for awhile (wish they offered more days). Just adore it. Am back on Thursday since my Q time is up!!! I have missed it and running as well. I literally have a yoga room hereā€¦yet maybe get in there 1 time per week. My strength lies in attending group classes.

I like a before bed yin as well. There are a couple of in bed ones I do, both short, and I like those nights.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
1 Like

Iā€™ve been doing a 30-day challenge on Amazon Prime. Its challenging but the sessions are short. Huge changes in weight/size, energy, and no more back pain.

3 Likes

Started doing yoga for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu which has a app and good videos so far. I just really loved what the instructor said in todayā€™s lesson I wanted to share it:

When youā€™re new to yoga you have to get your body to trust you because when youā€™re hurt your body has like shut down that part as if to say ā€œno, you dont have access to this part because you obviously donā€™t know what youā€™re doing, so ill take it from here,ā€ and thats why your so tight there. -SebastiĆ”n Brosche

I just really like this way of viewing the body of something almost separate from ourselves that we are building a relationship through yoga.

Take care yā€™all :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Well after feeling very motivated and optimistic on Mondayā€¦ I havenā€™t done any more yoga this week.

I have got some stuff going on health wise which is not helping mental health stuff and I just havenā€™t managed it this week. I know yoga would help me destress but I am also trying not to stress about not doing the yoga. Fucking anxiety brain :upside_down_face::sweat_smile:

Going to try and keep an open mind about before bed yoga this evening though!

2 Likes