Yoga chat 2023/2024

I do miss in person classes but I can’t find one at a convenient time at the moment. My schedule will change in a few months tho so am looking forward to having another look then :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I was trying to squeeze myself in finding an in-person yoga class. So far, not successfully. I am doing often online streaming classes which when I switch on the camera already makes a huge difference in staying accountable. Also it’s sufficiently small that the teacher also talks to us at home :grimacing::see_no_evil: After class we get a link with the video of the class which is also a different feeling.

3 Likes

I was thrilled when the yin showed up…it has been a real blessing.

1 Like

I did some yoga last night :women_with_bunny_ears: so have done 17 of the YWA Center progranme so far.

@anon74766472 zoom classes are a good idea I might see if I can find a yin one cos they do sound good @SassyRocks - not done much but the idea of being nice and chill appeals to me!

3 Likes

Restorative, if you can locate one, is also extremely healing and the chillest. Mentally = bliss IMHO.

1 Like

I am still not there yet. Maybe someday.

1 Like

Had the Adrienne video of the center series “connect” today before swimming.

Now I just had 20 minutes of VIPARITA KARANI, as I read again about the benefits for the nervous system and sleeping. This would be a nice late-night practice ritual. With a meditation or some podcast. :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

Will use the yin bolster as support tomorrow.

Maybe it affects my sleep… It’s a mess last days.

1 Like

Checking in on 31 January, finishing off the month on day 20 of YWA Center.

While I’m further behind than I intended to be, I’m happy enough with that. A mantra she used was ‘I am enough’ which fits nicely, as well as being the core belief I picked to work towards when I was doing CBT. Also a lovely restorative session which fell on a perfect day for me, after doing some quite hard manual work today.

Had a little more time this evening so added on a bedtime yin practice from Kassandra.

Good night and sweet dreams friends :kissing_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Oh man, I just had my worst yoga session as far as I remember. I even had tears in my eyes during and after it. I feel awful and defeated. Was thinking to write about it but don’t have the words.

2 Likes

Hugs Dog GIFs | Tenor

One of my fave yoga teachers said something about this, about having classes where all we can really do is get through them, sometimes in child’s pose, crying. It was validating for me. Hugs to you. :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Ouh Franzi…
I would like to know what happened.
But if cause it’s up to you.
Was it online, live or alone?
Sending strength :purple_heart:

2 Likes

It was so frustrating as he exclusively did poses I could not do and will never be able to do. My hips are not able to do this. For example pigeon pose with the leg parallel to the front Sid of the mat and then developing further things and twists and other things like putting the knee behind your head or a thing he called Keltic cross which I didn’t find online. So it goes like this. From falling triangle pose you lay your hip to the ground and the leg behind is rectangular to the one posing to the side. Then your upper body is supposed to twist to the other side. It’s complicated. I couldn’t even explain but show in German. And I cannot show it as I cannot remotely do it. So instead of relaxing a bit I was faced with being able to follow about 20 % of the poses. I wouldn’t call myself a beginner. I simply didn’t enjoy anythingnof it as it was like asking someone to run a hike across the Alps when this person has never moved before and your companion walks ahead of you and tries to cheer you up. And all you want to do is kill this person right away.

1 Like

Oaaaaah ×sighhhhh× :smirk::hugs:
(learned “sigh” from you😃)

I think you already know, as you are very much into Yoga…

The problem wasn’t you…
And neither your body!
Problem was such an unprofessional teacher.
Isn’t it one of the most important things, to respect individuality of the pupils bodies?

Please try to not care about this too much anymore!

I think there should always be a variation.
I can’t put my arms and hands in eagle pose! This pose looks easy to me. But its not possible because of my proportions. Arms are too short, muscular and I still have baby fat on it. Yes there are little rings above the crook of my arm :rofl: Also, my boobs are in the way trying this pose. But probably because the arms are so short and strong. I always struggle about my thoughts trying this pose.

Another pose where variety of bodies is showing up is butterfly pose, I think. I can put knees down to ground without warmup. Othere can’t even come near the ground.

Ah… What am I talking.
You know about that.

A good teacher takes care and respects this variety. So… You should not visit this one anymore, don’t you? Was it online or live?

Big hug! :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

He is the teacher where I started my teacher training so usually I trust in him a lot. And usually he gives variations but when you are already too bad for the initial pose :unamused: anyhow. Thanks for listening :upside_down_face:

But again I realize now that i got out of the victim position and traded it for it’s all in my responsibility and if I can’t do it I don’t want it enough. And explaining why I can’t do it became an excuse. I need to work on balance. Yoga. It’s tricky, life.

2 Likes

Also remember that hip flexibility is kind of bound by your bones. There is only so far our legs can go and we all have different bone structures.

I think it is not about how good or bad, how much you want or don’t want. Like you say, balance. Effort and ease. It is OK to make your own modifications and also OK to not be able to follow some classes, and be challenged by this. In hindsight, a lesson in humility maybe? :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I know. I’d have to literally unscrew my leg and put it back when in the right position. It’s the articulation. I know that yet it doesn’t feel this way when I am in the middle of it.

2 Likes

:panda_face: My practice this evening

3 Likes

Thanks I will check it out tomorrow!!!

1 Like

I am grateful I joined this yin yoga class tonight. It’s the perfect time for me before dinner. I like her voice and she usually is reading something of a good inspirational book. I say that yin is not for me. It’s often too much when the body is quiet and the thoughts start to rise. Lots of thoughts these days. Regret. Doubts about recent choices and choices overall. All that cannot be changed anymore. I know that. All I can do is in the here and now. Which I cannot get myself to decide atm, get into action. Time will show. At least I am sober :see_no_evil::grimacing:

2 Likes

Yin is definitely contemplative. Sending some gentle hugs your way. :purple_heart:

2 Likes