You are missed

@Cobaltchris how​you doing?

1 Like

Good to hear. No “10-10” here, or “10-23”. I might think you are “11-12” and don’t hesitate to “11-98” if needs be.

1 Like

@Purveyorofdoom0406 hay girl, haaaay! Where have you been? Been thinking about you.

2 Likes

Thank you Steve!

You guys and this app helped save me not only from the grips of alcohol, but also a cult. I’ve been fighting a battle beyond alcohol for a while and I would allude to it every once and a while, but now that I’m “allowed” to speak more openly, I hardly speak at all. It’s been a crazy year but the sanity of sobriety and the freedom of no longer associating with drinkers and people who hide in their shadows is priceless. Living life honest, sober, and in day to day simplicity is such a gift. I take with me the lessons and experiences of the past and I’ve gained the opportunity to spend each waking day of the rest of my life sober, honest, loving, and most important, using my newly aquired FREE WILL to encourage others that no matter what plagues you, the cure is NOT alcohol.

Thank you Steve! Perhaps when you get a chance, you can send a photo of the words I wrote and sent you? The original I had wrote got thrown away along with all the other gifts and treasures that were shared with me on my journey to truth, peace, and inner and outer sobriety.

The lessons I’ve learned are still hurting but the insight and experience gained will serve as a reminder to myself to drink in moments not fermented fruits. Hehe

9 Likes

Yay! Great to hear from one of the most prolific and nicest, stand-up characters on the forum again! That’s made my day.

1 Like

Hey love! Sorry. Been struggling to keep sober. I’m afraid I restarted the clock again today. I drank today. I feel so damn ashamed. I’m back though and going to fight ever harder! Love you all. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

It’s great to see you back!

1 Like

Welcome back to a group of individuals that know relapse. Shake off the shame, take a deep breath, and tomorrow starts day 1. Feel like a drink, come here and talk to us. We will help as we can.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Missed you all. :sparkling_heart:

I certainly will. You guys helped me so much. I should of come here sooner. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

You’re here now, that is what matters.

2 Likes

We fall down so we can learn to pick ourself up.

2 Likes

Hey! Hi! Missed you too! Crazy last few decades! Hehe

1 Like

Mahalo! Missed everyone! Feels good to reconnect… and sit down hehe

2 Likes

I’ve not been doing well which is why I haven’t been on here, I’ve reset so many times that I feel embarrassed and ashamed. I have started getting help at Change Grow Live which deal with all addictions and I have a meeting tomorrow morning. I am taking it seriously and realise the implications alcohol brings. I feel so unhealthy and have no energy, no clothes fit and everything has been a vicious circle of wanting to drink because I feel crap anyway. Stupid brain!!

2 Likes

I haven’t met an alcoholic that hasn’t relapsed, I am sure one probably exists…perfect time to hop on is when you are feeling that way. We get it, we have been there. You need us, we will be here

2 Likes

Thank-you that’s good to hear. I’m feeling more positive tonight so I hope tomorrow will be good.

2 Likes

I still find it hard to talk to people even though I eventually told close family. Non alcoholics don’t understand how ever much they try to. Talking on here is easier because people do understand but I still feel ashamed

1 Like

Definitely agree with @anon46927530! You’re among friends who not only understand, but have done the same thing. We share the same brain, we totally get it! I’m so glad @MoCatt reached out to you and happy to hear about tomorrow’s meeting. Big hugs @Willow :hugs: Keep trying. It’s the best decision ever. Keep making it everyday. Your hard work will pay off & it will get easier in time! xo

3 Likes

Thank you I will try and come on here every night again to keep focused.

4 Likes