You are missed

@TeejLazer haven’t seen you check in for a while. Hope you’re hangin in there, bud.

4 Likes

Hey! Thanks, I appreciate it.

Since 10/22 I’ve been able to get a few days here and there, but have ended up having a drink once or twice during the week. I’ve been letting my excuses be stronger than my reasons, and am getting myself back up the slippery slope I created for myself. I’ve set some boundaries for myself by asking my bands not to book any shows for the next 3-4 months, and to try and not drink at practice. My BBQ season has officially ended, so that helps a lot.

I wiped the dust off my big book and have been skimming through it. I’ve reached out to some of my sober friends here in town and asked if they’d be interested in meeting up once a week, to just talk about our weeks, and to discuss what has helped them so far, and what hasn’t.

It’s like I’ve seen @Yoda-Stevie say in a few different topics:
-The easy path leads to excuses. The hard path, the disciplined path, leads to life…and I’ve let my discipline slip.
-Decide to be strong, and then work to become strong…I thought I was, and I got comfortable.
-Decide to be clean and sober, and then work to be clean and sober…I have decided, and now I must truly put in the work, and work harder than before.

Sorry for the long post, guys.

16 Likes

Good for you for taking steps to focus on yourself and getting back to where you were.

Hope to see you on here regularly again. If you need any support, don’t hesitate to PM.

2 Likes

I really appreciate it. I think my absence has a lot to do with the shame I’ve got. Being outspoken , and giving people advice, only to fall yourself…I know it happens to a lot of people, I’m just learning how to deal with it.

I’ve been here, creeping around, reading, and it’s good to see everyone doing well.

8 Likes

No way Jose!! It helps everyone here to hear about failures. Yourself included! We need ya pal. Don’t be a stranger😉

4 Likes

Maybe on my down time tomorrow, I’ll type out how that day went, and what’s happened since. Maybe it’ll help me to see it in “writing” as well.

I’m definitely gonna be around, just brushing the dirt off, and getting back up.

6 Likes

@Wonwo - I know you are somewhere being fabulous. Hope you are feeling okay as well.

3 Likes

@Lashline - Where you go? Hope you’re well.

1 Like

Hey don. Thanks for the check up. I’m clean…no weed or alcohol or coke.

I’m working a job now at a warehouse as a selector and its hard work. I’m now just trying to find myself as far as career goes. I wasted my life in a fog and avalanche of cocaine and worked at dumb ass jobs. I couldve been something great if I didnt give in. So now…being 35 years old I’m trying to regain a better stature of where my life should be… I feel dumb and low level compared to others who got good jobs and better bank

4 Likes

Dont look at what you lost in addiction but look at all that you have gained sober. Like you im 33 and just got my shyt together too. The first few months i was a bit overwhelmed trying to take it all in. My life was turning around quickly. I went from no car,no license, no money. Back to feeling confident, money saved i havent had in years, a valid license, and bought a car and fixed my other car. Just remember a sucess story cant be told unless you fall first. Just make today yours! Im happy to hear things are going great for you now… my last check in must have helpped you refocus. Ill keep checkin on ya …:wink:

5 Likes

I’ve stayed sober since nearly April of this year and still going. My only problem was coke. It was just my type of poison since I’m more of an upper and happy jumpy guy. Before depression took over my life and made me a dull minded quiet guy, coke wakes me up to my former days of innocence. I get it. It’s just a facade all that abuse of coke. But mainly it was just there to help remember the good times.

Fast forward to now being clean as I can be…I realized it’s over now, the past and all, and I can make even better times. This I get. It just hit me how easy I couldve done this long time ago. Well, as they say, it’s never too late.

Sorry I havent been frequent as I like to be or like I have been in past on this app. Like you. I was overwhelmed that life came quick and I had to focus on what’s what and battle my inner fuckups. Even though what I’m going through is something good, it still pulls me down. Meaning, like, All my ex gfs are married with kids, and the real friends I know now for certain I had are gone cause I pushed then away, and …a slew of other things gets me down.

Man thats great with you accomplishing the finance, car, and overall lifestyle for yourself. We are living proof of how things can truly overcome.

6 Likes

Hey guys, I am back (soon). Had an absolutely nutso last while and no phone access. Phone is back, but I still largely need a social media break (still leaning on community supports as needed, don’t worry).

7 Likes

Hey there @ifs! It’s really nice to hear from you.

2 Likes

I’m still around. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Glad to see ya bud, how’s life?

2 Likes

@beyondmythoughts We miss u on this site. When I first embarked on my sober journey almost 70 days ago, you were one of my first sources of inspiration. I hope you are well!

5 Likes

I am glad to see you here, brother. You should come home more often, and maybe stay a while if it suits you.

4 Likes

Thanks for the note! Living life on life’s terms and to the fullest! How’s things?

2 Likes

I’m with you, @BillS! She did check in a little farther back on this thread, doing well and getting busy with life.

Your presence is still felt though, @beyondmythoughts, and would love to hear how you’re doing. :heart:

1 Like

@Umpf you are missed

4 Likes