You are missed

How’s it going, man? Doing alright through Thanksgiving etc?

@Mobius

@Jon-Paul_Palmer

Come on back, fellas – let us know you’re doin alright, huh?

5 Likes

I know she’s alright and just moved on to the next phase of sober life, but I really miss my first sober friend @C-sun. Peace and Blessings on her house.

10 Likes

The funniest lady on here when I first joined in September!

1 Like

Things are good, although I am currently getting back to day 1. It’s been a bit tougher than I had anticipated this time around.

I’ve been in a bit of a “funk” the past few weeks, and it’s been affecting everything. I went to a meeting today, though, and it was nice to get to talk to a few people, outside of my normal circle.

4 Likes

Maybe your break up is behind your funk. I’m happy you haven’t given up. I haven’t been around since mid October. Back again, day 3🙄

Well, we got back together, and it’s been better than before… outside of my being down. We we’re talking and it just kind of came out that I’ve felt kind of lost since losing my best friend a few years ago, in a single car drunk driving accident.

So, I haven’t had “that person” to talk to, confide in, etc. for a while. I also finally realized while talking with her, that while I may have a lot of “friends”, I don’t really know any of them, outside of seeing them at shows, or bars…and that was eye opening, and really sad at the same time.

Long post…sorry. Just got a lot on my mind, as I’m learning a few things about some possible repressed emotions and what not.

1 Like

I’m happy you are back together😊
Sorry about your friend, that’s tough😔 real close friends are a rarity the older we get. It’s good that these feelings are coming to the surface so you can deal with them though. Let your gf be your friend too, I know it isn’t the same thing but you have more than some people rn. Stay strong and onto the next sober day💪

1 Like

@anon44659383! :smile: :heart: Welcome back!

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re sorting through some stuff, although it may be difficult to do. Its the healthy approach to seek to address the unresolved. Good work hitting a meeting, too.

You can get through this funk, I know you can and will – it’ll pass, just like anything. Just remember that drinking will slow or outright stop your progress through it. Stick to your guns, and you’ll get back to where you were. I am here if you ever need to reach out, any time.

1 Like

waving Hi! Yes, I’m back😊

1 Like

Still miss you and your pictures of your dogs! :heart_eyes:How are you guys settling in? Been thinking of you!

1 Like

It’s a struggle. But I’m not throwing in the towel.

3 Likes

@Cobaltchris. Where you at??

2 Likes

@Mkm my sober twin where art thou Mika? Hope you get in touch with us soon

@Sophiesrecovery

1 Like

Just keep answering the bell. Mouthpiece in. Chin tucked. Take control of the center of the ring, and press your adversary. Cut the angles. Slip, bob, weave, punch and counter-punch.

1 Like

Haven’t seen @Sober_Ninja around, hope she’s still soaring with the eagles

6 Likes

Others have called for her already, and I’d like to do the same – @Becsta, hope you are well. Check in soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She’s just staying busy with everything. I’ve talked to her

4 Likes