You are missed

I have to get out there eventually for some 9th step work. Not sure when though. I have to put my long distance amends on hold bc I have a family to support and not a ton of income to do it on lol

@teighacrain how’re you doing mate?

2 Likes

Hey all I’m back. Sorry for my absence… Been doing a lot of soul searching and went on a binger last night. I feel pretty darn awful. :worried:
I’ve been really depressed lately which led to the bottle. I’m heartbroken I let myself get there but I’m not going to dwell on it. Picking up the pieces today and rebuilding. I’m so sorry everyone.

10 Likes

Hey lady, glad you are back. Note those feelings - get close to them. Maybe write them down and carry them with you? Then get back on that sober horse. :hearts::snowflake::bird:

3 Likes

Great idea! I’m going to write it all down. I’m done this time. I’ve said this countless times then relasped but the amount of pain I’m in if I don’t stop then the outcome wont be good. I’m terrified of feeling like this again. :sob:

5 Likes

Hey @SoberWalker…hope your well. Im 7 days in being sober…taking it day by day. Thanks again for your support x

3 Likes

Nice to hear from you Bob! Back on track! Miss you at the sober check in. Most of the time you stood before or after me.

2 Likes

Thank you @Becsta! I means more than you know to me that you are thinking of me. I’m going through a really rough time and feel very alone. Still sober, 266 days today. Not sure how much it matters to me anymore, I just don’t really have the desire. I did help a friend that considers me her sponsor this weekend. That’s a scary thought, ha! But it felt nice to get out of myself and help someone else. I hope you’re well!

6 Likes

Well you’re still sober. So that matters. You might be having a tough time but you haven’t turned to your old crutch. That matters. Well done!

3 Likes

@L3AH and @Anarchy thinking of you both and hope you’re doing well.

3 Likes

Hey :slight_smile: I got that feeling to but it’d crucify me if I used now. Would you feel the same?

2 Likes

@Pack12

Wondering where @Anarchy is too? Haven’t really heard from him since he went back home. Hope he is doing well!

2 Likes

He’s been mentioned a bunch but of times in this thread. Haven’t heard back at all.

4 Likes

Thanks. I don’t feel right being on the site when I fall off which, I’m starting to feel, is apparently inevitable. I know this comment was from 3 months ago but it seriously made me feel good when I logged back on today. I’m a few hours away from Day 3. I am extremely irritable & emotional so I came back today for a little reminder of the good stuff. How I felt sober. Getting past this point. Thanks for not giving up on me no matter how many times I f up. I can’t promise it won’t happen again but I promise that your support is really motivating & inspiring. Thanks again.

6 Likes

Hey! There you are! Welcome back and congrats on day 3! Day 3 was pretty rough for me, spent the whole day on the couch, so if you can, do that.

I’m glad you popped in, I hope to see you around. :blush:

4 Likes

I can’t get to the end of this thread. Just posting to find out.

Glad you’re back Storm! I hope that the rough seas are calming. If there’s heavy stuff you’re carrying, turn towards your support system to help you. That is what we’re here for. If it’s not something you feel comfortable sharing in an open forum, maybe reach oit to someone you’ve made a bond with. Not everyone may be equipped to help you, but most regulars are eager to offer assistance in one way or another.

It’s hard to do this on your own. If I find myself depressed or isolating or resentful it’s usually an indication that I need to talk it out with a recovery partner I trust.

:v:

1 Like

@Sophiesrecovery you were the most positive person when I joined this site (one year ago today actually)

2 Likes

@Sober_Ninja

Thinking of you.

6 Likes